Parents want to stay at an offsite hotel

Oops I forgot to mention, I agree with others that they need their own room.

I wouldn’t stay in one room with more than myself and DH, OR myself and one kid (or both kids if it’s just one night). We stopped sharing one room with our kids when they were pretty young; no one gets decent sleep otherwise. No way would I share a room with my parents.

Skyauction has some timeshares available in March for a few hundred dollars a week. They don’t have to stay the entire week. Renting a house or condo at Windsor Hills would also be a possibility.

Skyauction has some timeshares available in March for a few hundred dollars a week. They don’t have to stay the entire week. Renting a house or condo at Windsor Hills would also be a possibility.

I own a timeshare, and Interval also has tons of deals for good resorts like Marriotts. That being said, OP sounds like they are planning to stay on site at a Disney resort. If parents want to join, it’s asking a lot for them to change their vacation plans that much. Staying on site with more than one group gives more flexibility if one member wants to join at a park later in the day or go back to the room earlier.

My suggestion....
Find out their budget, then offer to pay the balance for them to stay where you stay. Benefits...
1. they are with you while they are in florida
2. your peace of mind, since Disney will get them to and from the airport
3. you can hang out in the evenings by the pool as a large group
4. no need for or worries about rental cars

just pay the difference. I’m sure they are worth it.

Quality Inn at the Parks is between $59 - $110 depending on the season and day.
Free parking.
Free bus to Disney (only goes twice in the morning and comes back twice at night)
Really Nice Pool.
No resort fee.
Only a 5 minute drive to Animal Kingdom.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_R...nn_Suites_By_The_Parks-Kissimmee_Florida.html
Rosen Lake Buena Vista is between $49 - $79 depending on the season and day.
Free parking.
Free bus to Disney (only goes twice in the morning and comes back twice at night)
Also near Lynx bus stop ($2 or you can get day/week passes) that goes to Disney Springs and Disney Transportation Center from 5 am to midnight.
Pool.
No resort fee.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_R...uena_Vista_A_Rosen_Hotel-Orlando_Florida.html

Like someone else mentioned, ask them their budget and pay the difference if you can so you all can be on site at the same resort. I do this with my family because everyone's budget is different and some have zero to 4 kids. Since I'm the we all need to be together person, I pony up and pay.

I guess it depends.
I responded as a senior citizen and from my experience taking care of elderly mother I would rather be on property for many reasons.
I would rather be on property with my grandchildren ... For even more reasons... Gee I wonder why castmembers receive Alert for identification of possible kidnapping , or trafficking on property?
What do you think Security is looking for when they knock on your door?
I always see people on these boards saying the room checks are “Because of the Las Vegas shooting” but I’ve always suspected what you said is the real reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter