Paris

John darroch

Earning My Ears
Hi
I can't find any information from disney regarding the coronavirus in france and the French governments advice limiting public gathering to 5000?
Anyone heard anything ?

Thanks
John

** SOCIETIES NEW "NORM"**:crazy2:

https://www.france24.com/en/busines...useum-extends-shutdown-over-coronavirus-fears478192
(Lady just outside the Louvre --- Louvre was closed Sunday due 2 this DAM&ED beer virus!!):crazy2:

Wonder if the mask comes in different in different colors......;)

And yes, I just saw one of our Guests wearing one.... and I am here in Dallas Texas.

Q - Does wearing one really help at all??

I leave for France in 5 weeks, have DL Paris one day and Normandy on another with 5 day prior spent seeing various Paris sights ----
Spotlight on Paris - Collette

WWYD??

Cancel or ??????????

THE WHY Paris has this ban I just found out 5 minutes ago -

NOT COOL -

Never b4 have I ever written on DISboards mad but this has me ticked -

THOUGHTS??

U think DL Paris will get shut down??
Me?
Im thinking that yes, It will get shut down, its just a matter of when.........

T.T.F.N.:crazy2:

Last edited:
Hi
I have heard the masks make no difference ... you would need a full kit , this is airborn .
I too will be in france soon and I have heard nothing from disney re advice or possible closures of parks .

THIS SUX!!

I have a suspicion that all vacations are still a "go" its just places will be literally a ghost town as businesses dont want to make it official and close.

*** -

great.... notre dame out due to fire -
no doubt Louve out due to beer virus.......

have a suspicion that DL Paris will shut down... its just a matter of when......

O GOOD LORD ---- I need a case of Corona beer some lime and call it a day!!!

STILL TRYING TO THINK POSITIVE THOUGHTS ---

opinions???
thoughts??

rrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRR!!

T.B.C....

i just emailed a FB friend of mine who is over in Paris to get her opinion - will post her reply when she responds -

T.B.C....

Her reply -
'
Bonjour pour l’instant aucune précaution n’est prise à DLP saur gel désinfectant aux caisses... l’avenir nous dira si ça change...pas plus d’infos🙄

basically, she is saying no news on DL Paris......

T.B.C.....

Hi
I have heard the masks make no difference ... you would need a full kit , this is airborn .
I too will be in france soon and I have heard nothing from disney re advice or possible closures of parks .

At the moment the ban for gatherings with 5.000 people or more is for inside. The Louvre decided 'themselves' that they should close.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51690657https://www.france24.com/en/20200301-france-shuts-down-louvre-amid-coronavirus-fears
@cwis is living in France, I believe. Maybe he/she can help on giving an update.

We are in the 5 week range as well. Watching and waiting to see if they can get this contained as lots is changing every 7 days much less every 30. We have set a decide by date and talked to all our travel insurances, etc. Our decision will be on what is available and travel warning status - if the Louvre stays closed, DLP will probably close if the spread continues (Japan closed at about 250 confirmed cases) and then other venues will start to close. Not worth going if you can't do anything anyway and you have to take into account how hot the spot is for possible travel issues going home or possible quarantine for multiple weeks.

I have also researched the masks and CDC and WHO both state they will not protect you from the virus unless it is the right grade, properly fitted and used in accordance with proper medical training. They do suggest them if you think you might be infected to help protect others from you.

Hi
I can't find any information from disney regarding the coronavirus in france and the French governments advice limiting public gathering to 5000?
Anyone heard anything ?

Thanks
John
Specific on your inquiry - right now it is enclosed spaces (why the Louvre is affected). The government has not mandated DLP to close, however Disney worldwide has been closing parks on their own to be responsible to their guests and employees. We are in wait and see - but with the Italian border open I think it will continue to spread in France (but I REALLY hope I'm wrong)

Specific on your inquiry - right now it is enclosed spaces (why the Louvre is affected). The government has not mandated DLP to close, however Disney worldwide has been closing parks on their own to be responsible to their guests and employees. We are in wait and see - but with the Italian border open I think it will continue to spread in France (but I REALLY hope I'm wrong)
I get a sinking feeling it’s going to get ugly fast in France .
Hate saying it but I’m beginning to look at other vacations -
I mean why go to France when a ton of places are closed or not open due to this beer virus ?

this stinks!

im thinking about rebooking thru gocollette.com a domestic vacation but where .....

- Does wearing one really help at all??
I have also researched the masks and CDC and WHO both state they will not protect you from the virus unless it is the right grade, properly fitted and used in accordance with proper medical training. They do suggest them if you think you might be infected to help protect others from you.
Got your answer-plus you still have entry point of your eyes, and then touching the mask to pull it off, setting on a surface (contaminating hands and surface etc). The masks give a FALSE sense of safety to wearer (unless ill-can cut down spread of germs), just like gloves do to average wearer. Watch how many surfaces food workers touch when gloved and NOT change gloves and wash hands. Subway sandwich shops are one of the FEW places I've seen proper glove etiquette.

Isn't it rather hyperbole to say "nothing will be open"?? Why book a vacation at all? Don't you think the potential is here stateside for things to "get ugly fast" as well??

I’ve canceled my Paris trip -
Yes ... fair to say USA statewide will encounter issues as well as this progresses .
Right now , Paris is out for me -

We are set to leave for Paris/DL on 3/22... at this time, our plans are still to go. IF something happens and more museums and DL shut down before we leave, we'll make alternate arrangements. I am seeing where many airlines (Delta, American, etc.) are offering no penalty changes (obviously there are some restrictions and could be some fees when re-booking) for anyone travelling to China and Italy in the next few months. I'm not panicking at this point... worrying does me no good and only stresses me out. I can't change what will happen with the virus, so all I can do at this point is be diligent in our hygene and immune health.

At the moment the ban for gatherings with 5.000 people or more is for inside. The Louvre decided 'themselves' that they should close.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51690657https://www.france24.com/en/20200301-france-shuts-down-louvre-amid-coronavirus-fears
@cwis is living in France, I believe. Maybe he/she can help on giving an update.

Hello @Karin1984! That is correct, I live in France and near Disneyland Paris. The only events that are officially cancelled as of today are those with more than 5,000 in a enclosed space. The threshold is 5,000 because you need an authorization from the administration above 5,000 guests, so it's convenient for them to deny/cancel the event.

Public transportation runs as usual, as with most museums.

I wouldn't organize a last-minute trip to DLP, though. While I believe the country is still safe, the French government seems to insist on taking precautionary measures to slow down the progression of Covid-19. I would absolutely NOT be surprised if DLP was asked to close the theme parks in the next few weeks.

We leave on 4/9 and have decided we will make a decision on 3/25 based on the situation at that time. France is being cautious - as they should - in closing things. I'm hopefully they will be able to curb the spread better than Italy has fared. I have acquaintances being held for 10 days now as they tested positive in Amsterdam (traveled through Italy before the cases were known). Apparently you have to test negative to board the plane if you have been in a known highly affected area. We are watching for how much is closed AND how high the risk is as I have some underlying health issues that are a concern.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!