Park bags and mobility devices

fabfemmeboy

DIS Veteran
During this time of quarantine/working-from-home/social distancing, I find I have a lot of time to work on craft-type projects for my (hopefully) upcoming trip to the World. I use a Fold-n-Go electric wheelchair both in the parks and at home, and one thing I haven't yet found is a great park bag. Something that can easily be taken on/off the device for when we hop on rides, something that hooks onto the arm of the chair rather than the back for easy access, something not too big/cumbersome but big enough to fit the essentials: phone, camera, external chargers/cords, a few snacks, and a tiny first-aid kit.

So. What do others use as their park bags when using mobility devices? What do you like about it? Dislike about it? Any awesome hidden features? Do I just suck it up and use a fanny pack/bumbag?

Just musing...I would think clear vinyl with short side strzs and a Velcro closure. Maybe even with clear vinyl pockets sewn inside.

This a stock photo and not my Fold and Go Wheelchair. The outside part looks different on mine. It still that business card size pouch on the lid but I don't use it because of contents sometimes falling out

On mine, I also have extra pockets above that white reflective strip that are sewn on top of each other. and extends the full width of the bag.

The outermost pocket is a see-through mesh with a stretchable top opening and extends the full width of the bag and to the bottom of the outside of the bag.

The next pocket is zippered top opening and extends the full width of the bag and to the bottom of the outside of the bag.

On either end of the bag, there are open pockets. I use these since they don't fold up like the other lib pouch.

The bag attaches to the armrest with a heavy-duty and full length/width velcro. That is why it is more difficult for me to easily remove with one hand. I like that because it makes more difficult for it to be stolen.

The inside is very large if needed, but there velcro strips on both ends on the outside the bag to make it thinner.

I like the zippered pouch on the inside of the bag

Inside the top lid is a narrow strip of velcro to close the bag and is easy to open.

This what I use on my Fold and Go wheelchair. It has has a full-length velcro attachment that is reaches all the way around my armrest. It is a little hard for me to take off, but I only remove it when TSA x-rays it. It would be difficult to steal.

I put eveything in a ziplock bag to easily remove for WDW park entrance bag checks.

I usually don't remove it for rides.

I'll remove the phone and wallet.

I do keep a lightweight, foldup with a zipper packpack in the bag under my seat bag.

I think it is called a Diestco armrest bag.

https://www.1800wheelchair.com/product/diestco-deluxe-armrest-saddle-bag/

I didn't buy my bag from this company link. I think I bought it for a lot less on Amazon, but I couldn't find it at it at time.

Last edited:

At the parks, I use an ECV with an extra basket on the back, so I have plenty of storage room. Some people find the extra basket cumbersome, but I rent a Go-Go sport, which is the smallest scooter, and so I've never had a problem with the extra basket.
However, I'd be very interested in what other people do. At home I have a Go-Go Elite Traveler, which has a very small basket and no rear one. Ray, I like the picture you showed of the velcro one on the arm. That looks very interesting-where could I look to buy it?
To answer the OP's question, I just use a small Vera Bradley purse.

Attachments

• IMG_2820.JPG
    IMG_2820.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 8
At the parks, I use an ECV with an extra basket on the back, so I have plenty of storage room. Some people find the extra basket cumbersome, but I rent a Go-Go sport, which is the smallest scooter, and so I've never had a problem with the extra basket.
However, I'd be very interested in what other people do. At home I have a Go-Go Elite Traveler, which has a very small basket and no rear one. Ray, I like the picture you showed of the velcro one on the arm. That looks very interesting-where could I look to buy it?
To answer the OP's question, I just use a small Vera Bradley purse.

Hi, Simba's Mom.

I tried Googling Amazon, but I couldn't find the exact Diestco bag. I bought mine a while back to use on my mobility scooter before I bought my Fold and Go wheelchair.

https://www.spinlife.com/Diestco-Large-Saddle-Packs--Pouches-and-Holders/spec.cfm?productID=111512

I found a similar one above. Looking at closer it looks thinner than mine. And they changed the front part with a pouch for pens which cut the length of the zippered part.

I guess they don't make the one that I bought a long time ago.

https://www.amazon.com/stores/Diestco/node/9036578011?productGridPageIndex=3

I didn't see mine on Amazon but here are some Diestco products if you are interested.

I have a grocery bag similar to the one Diestco shows, but mine has an inside insulated lining to keep things cool.

And if I was still using mt mobility scooter, I would like this tiller bag. I could mount it on the tiller either facing me or toward the outside. It looks like a very old one used to use

But I still like my large armrest bag.

Last edited:

excuse the kind of rough drawing,
if you just want a little bag that can be removed and worn easily when you take it off the wheelchair, you can modify a fanny pack pretty easily.
this is a small one I found on Amazon.
You could also use the measurements to make a small bag to attach to the armrest.
You could sew small loops on the back side of the bag (the red loops in the last picture). The yellow lines in the picture are straps that fit thru the loops and go over your wheelchair armrest to secure the bag. They could be cloth, long Velcro straps or even something else, like flexible gear ties.787D0395-D8FE-4A0A-B5D1-33F1BC9BA4EB.jpeg5FC5A3C0-D524-4DF4-B087-3B9117CF597A.jpeg49A21763-4DD7-45C2-B3B4-83A366DB48FF.jpeg3692D8D5-034A-4692-92F2-2AB02A94F1D3.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi, Sue.

Very nice!

excuse the kind of rough drawing,
if you just want a little bag that can be removed and worn easily when you take it off the wheelchair, you can modify a fanny pack pretty easily.
this is a small one I found on Amazon.
You could also use the measurements to make a small bag to attach to the armrest.
You could sew small loops on the back side of the bag (the red loops in the last picture). The yellow lines in the picture are straps that fit thru the loops and go over your wheelchair armrest to secure the bag. They could be cloth, long Velcro straps or even something else, like flexible gear ties.View attachment 482857View attachment 482858View attachment 482859View attachment 482860

I'm like @Simba's Mom - for Park days, I wear a small RFID Vera Bradley crossbody.

I used to carry a big 'ol backpack with all kinds of stuff in it "just in case" but these days I am trying to bring just what I will actually, reasonably use. I haven't made my first trip with my new Fold & Go yet (Go, Figgy Go!) but I am already pretty certain I will be sticking with a small crossbody bag; that way I don't have to take something on and off all the time, and don't have to worry about accidentally leaving a bag behind on a ride, or dropping something out of a bag that is on the floor of a ride, etc.

Hi, mamabunny. I think you might enjoy riding the wheelchair accessible attractions with your Figgy for the first time.

I'm very excited to go - sadly I think it's going to be next January before we get to go again. We had hoped to sneak in a late October "bonus" trip this year, but current circumstances being what they are, that trip will most likely be cancelled. It's OK though, because I am still very fortunate, and I have already been to WDW more times than many people get to go ever.

Thanks Ray for the info. I didnt buy the specific bag you recommended, but when I looked it up it linked me to other bags and I found a bag/organizer for my daughters wheelchair that I love!

Thanks Ray for the info. I didnt buy the specific bag you recommended, but when I looked it up it linked me to other bags and I found a bag/organizer for my daughters wheelchair that I love!

Hi, redberyl.

Which one did you like?

Inquiring minds want to know. I checked Spinlife, but couldn't find any. Then I checked Amazon, which has so many, I'd really like to hear a recommendation.

I didnt need an armrest bag, but i found one that hangs from the back. It also has a strap that you can take it of the chair and wear it like a purse if I wanted to carry it. Its made by vive, i dont know what model it is, the description just says "vive wheelchair bag". Has outer pockets where i can put my phone and water bottle while we are walking and a zippered inner compartment for my wallet. The bag is nice and roomy so it should hold a lot. And bonus, it came in a few different cute patterns

During this time of quarantine/working-from-home/social distancing, I find I have a lot of time to work on craft-type projects for my (hopefully) upcoming trip to the World. I use a Fold-n-Go electric wheelchair both in the parks and at home, and one thing I haven't yet found is a great park bag. Something that can easily be taken on/off the device for when we hop on rides, something that hooks onto the arm of the chair rather than the back for easy access, something not too big/cumbersome but big enough to fit the essentials: phone, camera, external chargers/cords, a few snacks, and a tiny first-aid kit.

So. What do others use as their park bags when using mobility devices? What do you like about it? Dislike about it? Any awesome hidden features? Do I just suck it up and use a fanny pack/bumbag?

I use these clips to hang any kind of backpack from my chair:75119FC6-6500-4994-BB45-2BB5025416F4.jpeg

Only problem is that my mom wants to hang EVERYTHING from them so she doesn’t have to carry anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter