Park closure

Joanna71985

<marquee><font color=green>Characters are my frien
Company just announced that all parks (SW, BG, AQ, and DC) will be closing Sunday evening, and will be through March 31st

FLOIR

DIS Veteran
I updated the 7 Seas posting (with obviously no concerts during the closure) but the park is also cancelling this concerts this weekend (March 14 and 15) even though the park itself is open.

• Joanna71985

<marquee><font color=green>Characters are my frien
    I updated the 7 Seas posting (with obviously no concerts during the closure) but the park is also cancelling this concerts this weekend (March 14 and 15) even though the park itself is open.
    the artist for tomorrow dropped out (don't know which side canceled for tonight)

NorthshoreTigerFan

Mouseketeer
    Thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected by this. I think the parks are making the right decision by temporarily closing, and I fear the virus will continue to affect us all well beyond the end of March.

FLOIR

DIS Veteran
    Universal just announced they will be closed through April 19. Just a matter of time before SeaWorld makes that same call. Orange County has also announced a Stay At Home order through April 9.

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina

SeaWorld Platinum Passholder
    Interestingly, Discovery Cove is blocked out for reservations until May 18th. We rather suspected that the theme parks would remain closed for the 8 weeks recommended by the CDC, and this seems to fall in line with that timeline (since they originally closed mid March).

There have been no official announcements from SeaWorld, of course, but the inability to book DC until mid May suggests a lengthy closure (even beyond the April 19th date announced this week by Universal) is very likely.

• FLOIR

DIS Veteran
    SeaWorld is now closed until further notice. They just furloughed 90% of their staff (the number came from a newspaper article) with the only remaining being mostly Zoo people to take care of the animals, Security, and a few others from random areas to perform specific functions. I would not expect them to open again until mid May at the earliest, no way would they open mid April like the other parks have announced. If they had any possibility of opening by April they would not have cut the staff by that much.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.

UNIVERSAL PODCASTS

UNIVERSAL ORLANDO VIDEOS

UNIVERSAL ATTRACTIONS