Park hours on HHN (not attending HHN)

shpooey

Mouseketeer
I'm staying one night at RPR in October. I won't arrive until mid-afternoon (maybe 2-3PM) on a day with Halloween Horror Nights, so I'm wondering if it's worth it to get 2-day park-to-park tickets, or if I should just stick with a one day park-to-park ticket. The following day does not have HHN.

What time do the parks close on HHN nights? I'm trying to see if it's worthwhile to try to get to Studios for a bit before it closes, then take the HE over to IOA for the rest of the night. It'd be great to make use of the Express Pass for both days I'm there, but not sure if it's worth the second day ticket for only a few hours.

Thanks for any input!

Since we're talking about hours and HHN, we're going Sept 6-12 and it looks like HHN starts 9/10. How will incoming HHN crowds impact our last couple of days? Crowd calendars still show those days as slow but I'm just curious... Thanks!

Since we're talking about hours and HHN, we're going Sept 6-12 and it looks like HHN starts 9/10. How will incoming HHN crowds impact our last couple of days? Crowd calendars still show those days as slow but I'm just curious... Thanks!

I also came here to ask a similar question, so I'm bumping this. We just booked our flight to Orlando for the end of October and HHN is every single night except one. Wondering what to expect crowd-wise during the day. If they are low, we may need/want fewer days and spend some time at Disney.

Generally, the crowds start clogging up City Walk, as the afternoon progresses, as those already in the park before 5pm, get to stay for HHN in holding areas around the park. So, there will be more crowds coming into the park, as the park nears closing. Also, if you are trying to take the train over to Islands, I'd do so by 3 or 3:30. Very long lines as nears the 5pm close, and they may stop the line just before 5pm to clear out the line from the park.

I usually wait until around 5, do the walk of yeah, I'm getting out of here, really, then stroll into City Walk, and work my way either into the Studios, or City Walk, or back to my hotel, for a swim. I try to catch dinner on my way out of the Studios, at one of those three places I end up at. It is generally orderly out of the park, as they make fenced paths for those not staying. Islands does get more crowded right after the studios close, as many like to have some last park time in Islands. Islands usually stays open to 7pm or 8pm. So make sure you have a park to park ticket or AP.

I usually go every Fall, mostly beginning of October. I tend to do HHN one night, and then I do the above on the nights the studios close at 5pm. The early closing doesn't bother me, lots to do if not attending HHN, and that time of year, tends to be warm, and kids mostly in school, so I enjoy going that time of year.

I am sure you will have fun, even with the early closing on days you are there. Oh, and the biggest HHN crowds are Friday, Saturday, and may be busier Sunday too. The private HHN tours I have gone on, are midweek, as they are cheaper, so that tells ya, crowd level. You can also look to the price of express passes. The higher the dollar amount, the more chance it's going to be a busy day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!