Park ticket pricing

lucky4you

Mouseketeer
I'm trying to compare on site to off site.I know paying for parking at theme parks off site has to be added in. I thought ticket prices would be cheaper with an onsite package. But, it is actually making them about $125 more if I'm doing it right. Is that normal?

I'm trying to compare on site to off site.I know paying for parking at theme parks off site has to be added in. I thought ticket prices would be cheaper with an onsite package. But, it is actually making them about $125 more if I'm doing it right. Is that normal?
Packages generally are not cheaper than a la carte purchases unless there is a specific package deal being run. Theme park tickets should not be $125 apiece more expensive than purchasing thru an online ticket seller. Make sure that you are comparing apples to apples and not the cost of a base ticket to the price of a fully-loaded hopper plus ticket.

Your best bet to get the lowest prices is to check out an authorized outsider seller like Undercover Tourist. You can get the tickets for something like 3% cheaper than what Disney is directly charging, but that's as good as it gets.
The more days you visit for, the lower the per day cost is. It goes down to something like $45 per day if you stay for over a week.

I was looking at 5 day hopper tickets. It was about $125 more total extra for my family of 4. I just assumed that they would discount them a bit to try to get you to stay onsite. Or even be the same as without a package. Definitely not more expensive. A promotion usually comes out. But, I don't want to chance it.

Last edited:

I was looking at 5 day hopper tickets. It was about $125 more total extra for my family of 4. I just assumed that they would discount them a bit to try to get you to stay onsite. Or even be the same as without a package. Definitely now more expensive. A promotion usually comes out. But, I don't want to chance it.

Their on site incentives include the 60 day FP window, with your whole trip available 60 days out from your first day. There are also some extra magic hours available to only on site guests.

Package prices haven't seemed to be a money saver to me for a few years, but I understand how that is counter-intuitive.

I would suggest buying your tickets separately through an authorized reseller like undercover tourist. I know several sites have historical hotel discount data, so you can see if the resort you want typically has a discount when you want to travel. Sometimes you may need to be flexible if you want to save a bit of money, POFQ tends to have less discounts than POR for example. I personally would never book without a discount.

Well, I figured it out. I didn't go far enough down on the ticket page. So, the taxes weren't added in. Once I did that, it is equal to adding the tickets to an on site room package. Thanks all of the responses!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter