Parking Fees at DVC Resorts

buteraa

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,

I have decided to rent points for the first time at OKW and I was wondering if they also charge a parking fee? If so, do you also have to pay for parking at each park? Thank you.

But it also says this:
Disney Vacation Club Members
Members will not be charged for standard overnight self-parking when staying at a DVC Deluxe Villa, regardless of whether they use vacation points or another form of payment. Members also will not be charged to park when using vacation points to stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel. A Member who chooses not to use vacation points for their stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel in an accommodation other than a DVC Deluxe Villa will be charged for standard overnight self-parking.
Some of the DVC resorts have this information:
Self-Parking

Members will not be charged for standard overnight self-parking when staying at a DVC Deluxe Villa, regardless of whether they use vacation points or another form of payment. Members also will not be charged to park when using vacation points to stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel.

Disney Vacation Club Members who wish to shop, dine or enjoy activities for the day at a Disney Resort hotel are not subject to the overnight self-parking fee. Charges for valet parking will still apply.

For rental Guests, a parking fee of $24 per night will be applied to the Guest folio each night of the stay.

free parking both at OKW and any theme park you wish to go to ...

DVC free parking if you rent points (does not apply if you pay Disney cash for DVC)
https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...urchased-through-resale.3800726/post-61854813

theme park free parking
https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...urchased-through-resale.3800726/post-61844374

enjoy your trip!
This is more of a technicality, but no DVC owner (blue or white card) can park for free at the theme parks. However!! All people (DVC or not) staying at a Disney Resort can park for free at theme parks. 👍🏻

This particular perk is for Disney Resort guests. Not for DVC members. So, a local DVC owner or a DVC owner who decides to stay off-site cannot park at the theme parks for free.

I have decided to rent points for the first time at OKW and I was wondering if they also charge a parking fee?
DVC members can park for free at any DVC property (whether booking with points or cash).

This perk seems to be based on the room being reserved by a member & it does not matter who stays in it to receive the benefit. So, a renter shouldn’t have to pay to park. But with no hard rule in writing from the DVC regarding this, I think that could change. Anecdotally, I’ve never been charged or known a renter who has been charged to park while staying at any DVC Resort. :-)

DVC members can park for free at any DVC property (whether booking with points or cash).

This perk seems to be based on the room being reserved by a member & it does not matter who stays in it to receive the benefit. So, a renter shouldn’t have to pay to park. But with no hard rule in writing from the DVC regarding this, I think that could change. Anecdotally, I’ve never been charged or known a renter who has been charged to park while staying at any DVC Resort. :-)

The language has changed...see what was posted above...that now mentions renters will pay,

Some think they are referring to Disney cash guests but I saw a report last year that a renter did get charged.

So, while it seems that they would not, if I was a renter and it appeared on my bill, it may or may not be easy to get it removed.

Yes, the wording “rental guest” that @Deb & Bill found is too vague. Even the email response sent to @i<3riviera interestingly says the member and their guests will not be charged... but then deviates from the Q and reminds not to rent for commercial purposes.

Renters are definitely our guests (as we are ultimately responsible for each reservation under our membership), so they should not be charged to park... but DVC should me more straightforward about it and put it on the website like @Deb & Bill said! 👍🏻

It would actually be illegal for Disney to charge the resort parking fee in relation to reservations of DVC Resorts made by members for themselves or any guests, including renters. The resort parking lots are common elements in which the members have an ownership interest. Under Florida laws and regulations, the members and their guests, including renters, cannot be charged any use fees for use of the common elements unless the right to charge such fees is clearly spelled in the declarations. See Flor. Stats. §§718.111(4) (owners cannot be charged use fees for common elements unless right to do so is reserved in declarations), 718.106(4) (guest of an owner, including renters, have the same rights as the owner to use common elements). None of the DVC Resort declarations have any terms that would allow for charging of fees for using the parking lots at the resort. If such fees could legally be charged, you could easily get a situation where total fees could end up being more than annual dues by charging fees to use pools, parking lots, tennis courts, lobbies, hallways, walkways, playgrounds, etc.

In other words, despite Disney's making it sound like Disney is giving members some special perk by not charging them (and their renters) the outrageous parking fees it is now charging cash guests, Disney is not actually doing members any favors.

Last edited:
Yes, the wording “rental guest” that @Deb & Bill found is too vague. Even the email response sent to @i<3riviera interestingly says the member and their guests will not be charged... but then deviates from the Q and reminds not to rent for commercial purposes.

Renters are definitely our guests (as we are ultimately responsible for each reservation under our membership), so they should not be charged to park... but DVC should me more straightforward about it and put it on the website like @Deb & Bill said! 👍🏻
There actually is a difference between a guest and a renter in the POS. Renters are never entitled to DVC perks. Guests might be if they are staying with the owner.

Wow! Not paying to park was a great bonus for those renting points. This sounds as though that perk may or may not continue in the future. I am sure if Disney could legally charge renters to park, they will. They will need some serious revenue in the years to come and I bet they might just look into this more.

parking at HHI and VB are free for all guests but it looks like Aulani is only free for DVC and RCI ...

View attachment 520175
https://hiltonhead.disney.go.com/amenities/transportation-and-parking/

View attachment 520176
https://verobeach.disney.go.com/amenities/transportation-parking/

View attachment 520177
https://www.disneyaulani.com/about-aulani/parking-transportation/
Ya, I knew we have never been charged at HH, but it has been at least a year since we have been there.

Please clarify. We are DVC members who are using our points for a trip in June 2021. We intend to rent a car. I am in correct in saying we can part at our villa and any parks for free?

I think this is going to get interesting. I think Disney has every intention of charging people to park at DVC resorts unless they ARE the member on the contract and staying on points. Those who rent through a broker, pay up. Those who book a cash reservation, pay up. I could be wrong, but this is my gut feeling.

I think this is going to get interesting. I think Disney has every intention of charging people to park at DVC resorts unless they ARE the member on the contract and staying on points. Those who rent through a broker, pay up. Those who book a cash reservation, pay up. I could be wrong, but this is my gut feeling.

Possibly, but Disney has no way of knowing who booked through a broker, They also don’t know it’s a rental unless the owner tells DVC that it is,

I think the wording does make it seem like they will, but as shared, based on the POS, it doesn’t seem like they can charge the renter only cash paying guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts