Parking For Disabled Badge Holders

Curry Monster

Earning My Ears
I am visiting WDW in September with my 13 year old autistic son and he has a handicapped parkign permit from the UK that I have been told is recognised in Florida.

I have seen quite a few postings suggesting that for disabled guests without mobility problems, the handicapped parking lots are no benefit.

Does this mean that handicapped visitors still have to pay for car parking in WDW?

Yes, handicapped visitors pay for their parking at WDW just like anyone else. If you are staying onsite you will get a paper to put in your front window and will not pay for parking at the parks.

As Talking Hands said, having a handicapped parking permit does not permit you to park for free at the parks.
If you park in the regular paking lots, you will most likely need to ride the trams to get to the park entrance. Or, if you are staying on site, you can ride the buses or use the other WDW transportation. Knowing what the options are will help you decide which your son would be best able to handle.

Yes yes, best to stay on-site and use their transportation. Going in September, probably the least crowded time should make your visit less challenging. Be sure to get the Guest Assistance Card for your DS at the entrance to the first park you visit so that CMs at the various attractions can help meet his needs.

Good luck and have a great trip.

Hi Curry Monster

I have two young children with Autism

We use our European disabled badge to park in the disabled area at the parks - you just show it to the cast memeber when you drive into the parking lot and they will direct you to the disabled area.

I have read some of the posts from people with mobility issues who say that those without mobility issues should just ask a CM to park at the end of the regular lot so that they are close to the tram and I agree that if this would work for you then you should do this.

However for us it is not really an option as DS couldn't handle it.

If you can park in the regular lot then do that - if not then follow the signs to the disabled parking area where it is just a short walk to the TTC.

:sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter