• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

pass upgrade

disneydawn

Mouseketeer
DVC Silver
If I were to purchase one of those 5 day + 4 option passes from FOT and then I changed my mind at the gate and wanted to upgrade to an annual pass...could I pay the difference? What would they charge me? Any thoughts?? Thanks!

Hi Disneydawn,

I recently traded a 6 day PH with 3 pluses that had 3 days and all the pluses left. I needed to do it at Guest Services (there are only 5 I believe, 1 at each of the parks and one at DD). You need to do it here because they need to run the pass through their computer to verify the remaining days on the tickets. They applied exactly half of what I paid (I had used 3 out of the 6 days) to the AP. I was told that there is no dollar value to the pluses. I would expect that if you trade before using it you will receive credit for what you paid.

Good Luck.

Just a reminder, if you use any of the "plus" options before upgrading to an Annual Pass, you will only be allowed to upgrade to a Premium Annual Pass (which includes water parks). If you are only wanting to upgrade to a regular AP, make the change prior to using a plus feature.

Last Oct we went to Disney for the first time and fell in love with the place. I had 5 day hopper passes that we started using on Sunday. On Wednesday(we had used the passes every day so there were only 2days left) we decieded to see if we could upgrade to AP's. They credited the entire price of about $208 per pass. I just had to pay the difference of $129 per pass.

If they would have only credited me the 2 days left over, I would not have been able to afford to upgrade

Hope this helps.

My husband just traded in a 5 day parkhopper for an AP. These were the terms: it had to be within 7 days of first using the pass and the first date used became the start date for the AP (which seemed fair). Basically, he just had to pay the difference between the two passes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter