Pastor of mega church arrested for unlawful assembly

I can't get the link to open. Is it the same guy that was interviewed on Dr. Phil the other day? He made it pretty clear he was planning to persist because he thought he was fighting for some civil right or something. With that motive, it's likely his arrest has caused him to double-down.
I didn’t see the dr Phil episode. But, yes, this sounds like the same thing.

I don't see why they don't put the idiot under house arrest and condemn the church complex buildings for health code violations. Just padlock the place and impound the bus fleet. He claims he has a whole crew of backup preachers ready to take up the torch if he is taken. So let them preach ... just not to a captive audience inside a building or 7.

If ever there was a time to use trumped-up charges to buy time, this is it.

I don't see why they don't put the idiot under house arrest and condemn the church complex buildings for health code violations. Just padlock the place and impound the bus fleet. He claims he has a whole crew of backup preachers ready to take up the torch if he is taken. So let them preach ... just not to a captive audience inside a building or 7.

If ever there was a time to use trumped-up charges to buy time, this is it.
They could be preaching and offering ministry all they want without restriction on-line, like the millions and millions of other Christians across North America are doing it. It's not about that. This guy has another agenda which he clearly stated on Dr. Phil last week. He thinks he is defending your constitutional rights to free assembly and stopped just short of saying he thought this was a directed attack on religious freedom. He won't stop and his followers won't stop. Him getting arrested only makes him a martyr and probably strengthens the resolve of the "movement" or whatever they call it. :sad2:

Last edited:

Good times in Red Stick. Good times.
He says he's going to keep doing it.
Quarantine the whole bunch of them and arrest the pastor. Keep him the entire allowable time before you charge him with something.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/24/us/louisiana-pastor-spell-coronavirus/?hpt=ob_blogfooterold

Found out this whack-a-doodle is a distant relative by marriage. He's linked through our most conservative branch of my family tree, but even those relatives are calling him an idiot, surprisingly!

They could be preaching and offering ministry without restriction on-line, like the millions and millions of other Christians across North America are doing it. It's not about that. This guy has another agenda which he clearly stated on Dr. Phil last week. He thinks he is defending your constitutional rights to free assembly and stopped just short of saying he thought this was a directed attack on religious freedom. He won't stop and his followers won't stop. Him getting arrested only makes him a martyr and probably strengthens the resolve of the "movement" or whatever they call it. :sad2:
The person I know going to church in Ohio says when they close the abortion clinics and liquor stores he will consider not going to church. You just can’t reason with people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter