Pastor of mega church arrested for unlawful assembly

There is a church in my neighboring state (OH) that is having services. They believe God will heal them. My friend has a family member who attends. They need to be arrested too
I got the old I should have more faith that God will save me speech earlier today from a family member. My response was I have faith that he already saved me by giving me the brain to figure out going to a mega church was a bad idea right now.

I just did some research. Ohio is not restricting religious services but is asking leaders to think about safety. So they aren't breaking any laws, except those that apply common sense.
Ohio is making a mistake. Even if most religious services abide to alternative remote measures voluntarily, not all will. Group gatherings are group gatherings. Churches, soccer games, parades, etc have already proven to become centers of catastrophic spread.

Look at what happened in Albany GA. All you need is a small interactive gathering like a funeral to spread a pandemic, even in a rural setting 40 miles off the nearest interstate.

Gatherings will be last to open as society reemerges in stages. Everything's not going to all open back up at once.

Well Louisiana dude was arrested. Governor hoping it sends the message.

I ran to get my prescription (curbside pickup) and there were tons of people everywhere. Parking lots full. Walking in and out of restaurants. I was shocked.

This guy lives in the community down the street from mine. He got out on $500 bond. Apparently his neighbors are hopping mad.

Well Louisiana dude was arrested. Governor hoping it sends the message.

I ran to get my prescription (curbside pickup) and there were tons of people everywhere. Parking lots full. Walking in and out of restaurants. I was shocked.
I’m not seeing that at all down here. Grocery stores are busy but most ppl staying away from each other. Drive thru lanes are busy but most restaurants parking lots are empty over here. Few places we have gotten take out, we were like thr only ppl.

I know some stuff going on. Nopd arrested organizers of a 2nd line in mid-city/treme & my sister lives by the lakefront & said nopd breaking up groups on lakeshore dr. But on the westbank, things seem pretty quiet.

I’m not seeing that at all down here. Grocery stores are busy but most ppl staying away from each other. Drive thru lanes are busy but most restaurants parking lots are empty over here. Few places we have gotten take out, we were like thr only ppl.

I know some stuff going on. Nopd arrested organizers of a 2nd line in mid-city/treme & my sister lives by the lakefront & said nopd breaking up groups on lakeshore dr. But on the westbank, things seem pretty quiet.

I have a friend still going to work in the CBD every day and he said it’s a ghost town.

I am disturbed by this but for reason that it plays into increasing the publicity this ego-manic man is getting. Because it gives him the opportunity to play the "martyr" for his twisted version of Christianity. Because of the black eye he has given to people of faith.

Amen. He gives the rest of the believers a bad rap.

Shouldn't the Hillsborough County sheriff be spending his time investigating Carole Baskin and her previous husband's murder?!
The detectives can investigate Baskin and at the same time the uniformed guys can arrest this pastor. Doing one does not preclude doing the other.

Why am I not surprised it's here in Ohio? At work yesterday I was trying to help a customer who kept trying to physically approach me. I told her about the six foot rule several times and got "But I'm a Christian.." during one response. Lovely... I called over my manager and she had to back away from her because she tried the same thing with her. 🙄
You should have said, "In God I trust. You, however, stay back 6 feet."

I think this is the same guy that also told people god will make the toilet paper multiply ...

https://www.newsweek.com/conservati...virus-pandemic-suggests-god-will-help-1494903
Toilet Paper. Be fruitful and multiply.
Uh Pastor.....

Did you see that idiot got out of jail & went back out & did it again?? The story is on Nightline right now. So proud 😔
I can't get the link to open. Is it the same guy that was interviewed on Dr. Phil the other day? He made it pretty clear he was planning to persist because he thought he was fighting for some civil right or something. With that motive, it's likely his arrest has caused him to double-down.

Did you see that idiot got out of jail & went back out & did it again?? The story is on Nightline right now. So proud 😔
unbridled enthusiasm for ignorance

just like the toilet lickers (hope they got tested for herpes too)

Didn't this guy see how sadly some churches were at the center of bad spread? Community service I say. Send him to tents set up outside hospital for over flow. Let him personally care for a health worker who has become severely ill. Let him stream service from outside the tents in the Bronx over Easter week. Maybe he'll change his mind about taking unnecessary risks at this point in time.

Our state had an outbreak traced to a church revival which happened at the beginning of our moves towards social distancing. This is totally irresponsible. A true leader would never put people in harm's way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!