paying cruise balance with visa reward dollars?

dreamsail

Mouseketeer
I have $1100 in reward dollars currently on my Disney Visa.

#1.. Can I get a redemption card to pay off some of my cruise balance, or can redemption cards only be used for on board costs?

#2.. How long does it take to actually get the card? My cruise balance is due in June, so when would I have to order it by to get it in time?

TIA!

For anyone wondering the answer...I called disney rewards today

#1 You CAN use the rewards redemption card to pay down a cruise balance as long as it is done through an authorized agency. I used AAA, which is authorized, according to the disney rewards rep

#2...the card takes about 3 weeks to come in, but once you have the card in hand, you can transfer additional reward dollars to the card by calling and giving them the redemption card number. So if I order the card today, put 1100 on it, and earn an additional 40 by June...I would call in June to have the additional transferred to the card I already have.

I have $1100 in reward dollars currently on my Disney Visa.

#1.. Can I get a redemption card to pay off some of my cruise balance, or can redemption cards only be used for on board costs?

#2.. How long does it take to actually get the card? My cruise balance is due in June, so when would I have to order it by to get it in time?

TIA!

It is easy to use the card on board too. Just take the card to guest services on the first or second day of your cruise. Don't wait untill the end of the cruise because DCL almost always pays off your daily on board charges with what ever credit card you had given them at check in.

I made my ressi while onboard, can I call or use the website to pay with my rewards ?

For anyone wondering the answer...I called disney rewards today

#1 You CAN use the rewards redemption card to pay down a cruise balance as long as it is done through an authorized agency. I used AAA, which is authorized, according to the disney rewards rep

#2...the card takes about 3 weeks to come in, but once you have the card in hand, you can transfer additional reward dollars to the card by calling and giving them the redemption card number. So if I order the card today, put 1100 on it, and earn an additional 40 by June...I would call in June to have the additional transferred to the card I already have.

We did this--The card came in less than a week. I waited until the last minute to transfer the dollars though-too afraid I might lose it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter