Paying dues on a direct purchase

iheartglaciers

DIS Veteran
I purchased a small amount of direct points this week with an Oct UY, so expected to pay prorated 2017 dues and full 2018 dues. It seems like my credit card was just charged the purchase price and closing fee. Are the dues charged at closing?

Both are coming. I think within a month...right when you begin to think...maybe not.... :)

Not on a direct purchase. They will bill you. And won't you just pay dues in 2018 from closing date to the end of the year?

I don't know when they will be charged, but unless you purchased in 2017, you won't be paying any 2017 dues. Disney charges dues by calendar year. So assuming you purchased in 2018, the 2018 dues will be prorated from date of purchase to year-end.

Both are coming. I think within a month...right when you begin to think...maybe not.... :)

Thanks! I figured it was coming, but wasn't sure when to expect it! I was happy that my credit card considered the charge travel related and gave me 3x points!

Not on a direct purchase. They will bill you. And won't you just pay dues in 2018 from closing date to the end of the year?

I don't know when they will be charged, but unless you purchased in 2017, you won't be paying any 2017 dues. Disney charges dues by calendar year. So assuming you purchased in 2018, the 2018 dues will be prorated from date of purchase to year-end.

Since I'm Oct UY I'm still in my 2017 UY, so I'm getting charged prorated 2017 MF and all the 2018 MF.

Since I'm Oct UY I'm still in my 2017 UY, so I'm getting charged prorated 2017 MF and all the 2018 MF.
Actually, you don't get charged 2017 UY, which bills in the 2017 calendar year. And you are prorated your 2018 MFs. So you pay less than what you would in a full year of ownership.

Actually, you don't get charged 2017 UY, which bills in the 2017 calendar year. And you are prorated your 2018 MFs. So you pay less than what you would in a full year of ownership.

You will just pay dues from the day you purchase regardless of points received.

Ohhh ok, well thats a bit of savings I wasn’t expecting, which is always nice :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!