PBH or RPR for 4 night romantic get-a-way and room location requests?

kmc33

DIS Veteran
My DH and I are thinking about booking a 4 night get-a-way for the last weekend in September, just the two of us. This would be our first trip to USO. I thought of the idea after seeing PBH on the Travel Channel and it really looked like it would be romantic, yet a lot of fun things to do at the parks.

It sounds like the RPR is nice too. I called and can get an Ent. rate of $155 at PBH or $110 at RPR. Now I am torn. Is PBH worth spending the extra money -- about $180 more? And if so, can anyone give me some reasons that I could use to convince DH it's worth the extra $ (he didn't see the Travel Channel special :( and I don't know a whole lot about RPR).

So, which resort and why? And what is a good room request for a standard room?

Thanks!!!:D :D

Hi,

Hubby and I love doing romantic getaways at the Universal resorts.

We have stayed at both the Portofino and the Royal Pacific.

While the Portofino is lovely, nice fluffy beds, larger rooms, we actually prefer the Royal Pacific. Rooms are smaller, still beautiful, beds are still very nice. We found that we receive better service all the way around at the Royal pacific...and the Island theme is very romantic.

Either would be nice...the rates are great at both resorts either way.

Ahhh PBH and romance it's one in the same. Me and dh go down every year for a Labor Day weekend of fun together w/o kids. Yes it's worth the extra money. It's so nice cause even where there sold out you rarely run into anyone. The kids are so polite (on our 25 stays away) they seem to be well mannered. Oh and you must eat at Mama Della's conceirge can make you ressies. If you want to be pampered spoiled completly rotten book a japense silk facial at the Green house spa there. And when you get right down to it and make a decision pm me and i'll give a room number to request.

I will be leaving next month for our honeymoon and staying at the PBH in delux room. This will be our first time there. I was going to call up and request one with a balcony. Can you make any suggestions on which in particular?

Thanks for the replies! Any other opinions on RPR vs. PBH? And any tips on room requests for standard rooms?

Thanks!

I have stayed at both the RPR and the PBH (HRH, as well). I just returned from RPR last week.

If you are looking for a romantic setting, I think I'd have to go with Portofino Bay. The deluxe room is lovely and the bathroom is really something. The resort is very quiet and relaxing. There is a spa and nice restaurants. It is a great place to stay.

Now, on to Royal Pacific, my new favorite. The rooms at RPR are not as large or luxurious as PBH. There is more activity at the resort and the pool. The resort is easier to navigate than PBH. I loved the tropical theme and I have to say, I would stay here again in a heartbeat. We had the Ent. rate of $110 and our room was quite nice. We had a dead center view of the Hulk and the nightly fireworks. If the $70 difference per day is important to you, I think you would be happy at RPR and you would have more money to spend on nice meals, etc.

I hope this is helpful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter