PBH with pool or HRH with no pool in early Feb?

nkereina

Last chance to lose your keys.
We will be there 1/29/18-2/1/18. Was hoping to stay at HRH - the AP rate is $239/night (pool view), however the pool there will be closed for refurb. I've checked PBH and they show a rate of $219/night (garden view). PBH is also being used as the pool for HRH guests. PBH is not to our taste and not nearly as convenient for walking distance to the parks, but we have never stayed as a guest there. Not interested in RPR this trip.

Would you go with PBH or HRH this trip? I'm more concerned about the pool than the cost, but being early Feb, should the pool even be a factor? Never been that time of year. We obviously have the option at HRH to be driven to PBH if we want to use the pool, but we usually just like quick swims and I don't see us hassling with that. Appreciate your thoughts!

I would probably stay at Hard Rock (for the atmosphere and convenience) and pool hop to PBH or RPR if I felt like a swim. One benefit of PBH though is that there are 3 pools...might help spread out the numbers a bit.

Thanks. Also wondering what the likelihood of swimming even is that time of year? We'd probably want high 70s or better in order to swim and I'm not sure if that would be unusual in early Feb?

I'd go with PBH because you mention that the pool is important. We are from WI, so we swim in FL no matter what month it is on the calendar, lol!

Universal allows pool hopping between resorts, but if you'd only swim for a short time, it may be a pain.

February can literally be freezing and it can be in the 80s. On back to back days.

Winter in Orlando is difficult.

Uni always allows pool hopping. Don’t make hotel decisions based on a pool. IMO.

Thanks. Also wondering what the likelihood of swimming even is that time of year? We'd probably want high 70s or better in order to swim and I'm not sure if that would be unusual in early Feb?

I think a big part of this depends on where you are coming from - for a North-Eastern Canadian like me, I would probably be able to swim in almost any "cold" Florida weather - if you are coming from a warmer climate, maybe not.

Uni always allows pool hopping. Don’t make hotel decisions based on a pool. IMO.

I know, but I know how we usually are, and if we have to hassle with walking/boating/busing to another hotel for their pool, and then back again in wet bathing suits, we will just never feel like making that effort. It would probably be an easier decision if it were the summer months.

Thanks for all the feedback!

We stayed first week of March and used the pool every day. If you are later in Feb, I'd say you may very well get pool weather. Beginning of the month is a lot iffier.

I'd choose HRH since you prefer it taste-wise and because it's so darn close to the parks. I've stayed there twice, RPR once and CBBR twice. Next trip is SF.

Can you tell me how you found out that the pool at HRH is closed? We are staying there 2/14-2/18/18 so wondering if it will still be closed. I don't see any information on the Loews site. TIA!

4 years ago and also this year I stayed onsite at uo for 4 nights and left on 2/4

One year was warm and other was not

Hope you have swimming weather when you go!

Can you tell me how you found out that the pool at HRH is closed? We are staying there 2/14-2/18/18 so wondering if it will still be closed. I don't see any information on the Loews site. TIA!

When I made the booking, a green pop-up announcement came up after entering my dates that said this:

Please be advised the pool at the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando Resort will be closed for enhancements and routine maintenance in January. Complimentary transportation to the nearby Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, which features three amazing pools and a world-class spa, will be available for Hard Rock Hotel guests for the duration of the project.

Sounds like the pool should be back open by the time you travel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!