PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

I called all over today and couldn't find anywhere that had the flu shot in stock. I even called Costco, who told me to go online and make an appointment but be sure to call the day of the appointment to make sure they have some. What is the point of making an appointment if your not sure you will have it? I did look and the earliest that we could get in was next Thursday.
I was able to get on a waiting list at Loblaws, they said they will call and it should be next week. We shall see.....

My doctor's office sent a memo to us, they will only be giving flu shots to people under 5 or over 65. They said to go to a pharmacy or public health clinic (I don't even know what that means). I had planned to get them for my son and I, we don't usually get them. I did when I was pregnant with him (it was H1N1 season). Given how hard they seem to be to get I am not sure I want to take them from those who really need them, we won't be going out much so hopefully exposure will be limited. I just don't know. Our other shots are all up to date and we will get the COVID one, though perhaps not until it's been out a bit?

I don't think the pharmacists are allowed to give to under 5 year olds and I think there's a special High Dose for over 65, so that's probably why your doctor has decided to limit to those ages.

Ford said they ordered 5 million doses.

There are 14 million people in Ontario.

I think they should be prioritizing the flu shot right now - seniors, health care workers, high risk individuals, etc.
Those are the doses for the general public. The ones for healthcare are not included in that.

Every year, we have a big flu vaccination campaign at the hospital where I work (their goal is to vaccinate over 80% of the employees). I usually get it then but last year I didn't due to schedule conflicts and my un-willingness to do some experiments with a sore arm. ;) This year, I will get it for sure. As for DH who works from home and the kids, I will wait a little to be sure there are not a shortage of shots for the at-risk individuals. I really think pharmacies should start with the at-risk groups before vaccinating the general population.

Wait, what? Self-pickling can cure the 'rona? A lot more fun than injecting bleach! And if this one doesn't work, well I guess you won't really care anymore.

I always get the flu shot, but I'm not too worried about waiting a bit. I work from home now and rarely go out aside from thrice daily dog walks. I mask when indoors public places as well (pretty much just the weekly grocery run). My risk of catching is moderate (DW is a school teacher) but transmitting is low as we have collapsed our social circle. I'd rather see the shots going to those who really need them first, and I'll wait until they have had a chance to get theirs.
This is my thinking too. If I don’t go anywhere my risk is low and should not get exposed to the flu.

My doctor's office sent a memo to us, they will only be giving flu shots to people under 5 or over 65. They said to go to a pharmacy or public health clinic (I don't even know what that means). I had planned to get them for my son and I, we don't usually get them. I did when I was pregnant with him (it was H1N1 season). Given how hard they seem to be to get I am not sure I want to take them from those who really need them, we won't be going out much so hopefully exposure will be limited. I just don't know. Our other shots are all up to date and we will get the COVID one, though perhaps not until it's been out a bit?
You are a single mom. If that doesn't qualify as someone who needs one I don't know what does. What happens if you get sick? Call Shoppers or Rexall and make that appointment today!

Did you sign up ahead of time or just do everything when you walked in?
I had filled out the information forms online and had a registration number (it is good for 7 days), and then we did a walk-in to Shoppers for the shot. There was an elderly lady who walked in and filled out the forms there, while we were waiting.

I'm happy with my shop at Shoppers yesterday. We've been needing vitamins and other stuff. I was able to triple dip (of sorts) on the vitamins! I had the APP offer of Spend $45 get 20X. (My subtotal was $149.95 - ouch but we needed stuff). The Centrum had an offer of Spend $30 get 7,500 pts. Plus the Centrums were on sale.

The Aleve was Buy 2 get 3,000 points (Two bottles of 50 tablets = same as purchasing one bottle of 100 tablets). I also received another 1,000 for something in-store but I have no idea what.

All those combined with the base and 20X gave me 56,200 points on $149.95 stock-up shop.

I was in Shoppers yesterday and they didn't have any shots left, but they said they are getting certain limited batches each week until the 25th. After Oct 25th, they can order as many as they need. So this run (which the pharmacist agreed was like the 2020 TP spring run) is just to be first, but won't be your last chance. Also, you can just fill out the paper, the online just saves you time. I asked for the sheets and will bring them in filled. You can make appointments and they will save a shot for you.

Ohhh... $10 back in points makes it so tempting to get the mini bars. Thankfully you said No Frills. That makes it easier for me to resist. I'd have to drive 20 minutes out of my way to get there. I don't want them when we all just started the treadmill again.

Kool-aid jammers in this house! The kids love them and I won't eat (drink) them.

Does anyone have an 800 number for PC? I set up for two step verification when people were reporting missing miles however I have not been able to get into my account since Monday. The email with the verification number never shows up. Not very helpful when your account is locked.
TIA

ETA-Found one, thanks.

just back from Shoppers for the 20x + 5000 event. Now it happens all the time, so I was looking for it. The 5000 does not show on the bill. So back home and did quick point inquiry, not worried and will let you know how quick they are in replacing. Also supposed to get 1000 per purchase of my wifes pads,,had to put inquiry in for them too..not too worried.

Does anyone have an 800 number for PC? I set up for two step verification when people were reporting missing miles however I have not been able to get into my account since Monday. The email with the verification number never shows up. Not very helpful when your account is locked.
TIA

ETA-Found one, thanks.
1 866-727-6468. try this

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts