PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

just back from Shoppers for the 20x + 5000 event. Now it happens all the time, so I was looking for it. The 5000 does not show on the bill. So back home and did quick point inquiry, not worried and will let you know how quick they are in replacing. Also supposed to get 1000 per purchase of my wifes pads,,had to put inquiry in for them too..not too worried.
Just got back as well. For the 5000 points, I to sent in a missing points request but they normally reply that it will come later, which I have found it always does. Usually by the due date. I like to cover my tracks though so that's why I send in the missing points request.
Also, for some reason this time, while I received the right points, the offers still show in my offers account. They didn't disappear. I might just hit the save button for next week and see what happens. There's some that I use every month but not every week.
As for points, I'm very pleased. Spent $51.63 before tax, received 22,500 points and that doesn't include the 5000 that will come for the MC. So $27.50 off of a $51 spend. Not bad!

Just back toooo...lol
I got some extra for my saved offers and a bonus was ....... I was the only one in the store at 8 am.
No 5,000 use PC credit card yet but everything else posted.
It does say this in the fine print
* Earn an extra 5,000 PC Optimum points when you use a PC Financial Mastercard for this purchase. Account must be in good standing. Points to be awarded to your PC Optimum account within 4-6 weeks of eligible transaction.
I'm ok waiting.
Hugs
Mel

Edited to add : they just posted the 5000.
YEAH!!

Last edited:
just back from Shoppers for the 20x + 5000 event. Now it happens all the time, so I was looking for it. The 5000 does not show on the bill. So back home and did quick point inquiry, not worried and will let you know how quick they are in replacing. Also supposed to get 1000 per purchase of my wifes pads,,had to put inquiry in for them too..not too worried.
So here's an unexpected surprise. I just looked into my account and it shows they posted the 5000 points as missing points adjustment. I have not received an email back yet but they are in my account already.

ETA-I had sent in a missing points request as well.

So my missing 4000 points posted within minutes of me sending, they sent another reply for the 5000 saying they will be there in the allotted time. Not too worried. Whole lot easier then chasing that other guy
That's the response I expected, its what they usually send, so imagine my surprise when they applied the 5000 points right away. Maybe someone new got my request.
They are so quick with responses. You don't normally have to wait a week to hear back. I do enjoy this program and it adds up so quickly.

I also just received the 5000 for using the MC. They had already given it to me as a points adjustment so opps!

As for the 15000 for the dining card, I received that at time of purchase however I bought my cards from Loblaws. Not sure how Shoppers is doing it.

I have been an avid Air Miles collector at Rexall for the past few years. I'm not happy with Air Miles anymore ( especially with no Rexall) and plan to switch back to the Shoppers program which I haven't used in many years. I shop frequently at Real Canadian Superstore so the PC Optimum program is ok with me.

I would like to do a $30-50 shop soon (mostly for and am trying to figure if the 20x the points event at Shoppers this weekend is a good time to do this. Any tips/advice? Especially on stacking bonuses?

I have plenty of experience squeezing the max amount of Air Miles out of Rexall shops but no recent experience with Shoppers.

No real stacking..just straight forward 20x when spend X..depending on what that is...you will still get your points from targeted points..ie. 1000 per milk ..but not 20x that 1000.
That said it still works out to 30% back in piints which is easy to redeem.
Good luck

I have been an avid Air Miles collector at Rexall for the past few years. I'm not happy with Air Miles anymore ( especially with no Rexall) and plan to switch back to the Shoppers program which I haven't used in many years. I shop frequently at Real Canadian Superstore so the PC Optimum program is ok with me.

I would like to do a $30-50 shop soon (mostly for and am trying to figure if the 20x the points event at Shoppers this weekend is a good time to do this. Any tips/advice? Especially on stacking bonuses?

I have plenty of experience squeezing the max amount of Air Miles out of Rexall shops but no recent experience with Shoppers.

One thing I found with PC that is different from AM, if you are aiming for a 20X the points at say $50, and you want to spend $100, you do it all in one shop, where with AM you would have probably gotten a bonus at $50 and would have done it in two transactions to get two bonuses.

You may also want to look for items that have bonuses, should they be something you are looking for, and check the app for bonuses there on items you may want.

I'd suggest with Shoppers to check the flyer and watch for the short weekend sales for the best prices.

Also, it's really important to know what you pay for the same products at other stores. An example of this is my hair dye. When it's on sale at other stores, i can price match it at Superstore for $9.98 and sometimes even $8.98. The regular price for that exact same hair dye at Shoppers is $15.98 so right away I'm paying $6 or $7 more (or $3 more if it goes on sale for $12.98 at Shoppers.) Regardless, know your prices as you'll want to purchase items that are close to the same price in other stores or you quickly eat up the points you earn by purchasing items at Shoppers.

They have good deals on some items for sure but many are more expensive than other stores which can greatly reduce the 'deal' you're getting in points.

Another thing to remember, do NOT cash out your points at Shoppers if you are expecting to earn! Whenever the promotion is a "Spend X amount of $ and get X amount of PC Points" at Shoppers, if you redeem points on your purchase (ie, bill came to $99 and you want to redeem $60 so you only pay $33) - you won't get your 20X points.

It's ok to do that at Loblaws, but not at Shoppers.

I just saw an offer in my account for spend $50 on
Happy Him & Happy Her Gift cards starting tomorrow
get 5,000 points at No Frills.
(it does say 5,000 for every 50$).

EXCLUSIVE
Offer product

5,000 points
For every $50 spent on Happy Him and Her gift cards
Unfortunately I don't shop at any of those stores and Christmas shopping is all done.
Hugs
Mel

Hi Hon
I am in the same boat....I seriously would like the Airmiles program to be different but have realized I can't change that.
So I like that when I log into my account that there is quite often a few things I regularly buy that give me extra points,,,example is
$5.28 for a case of 18 coke,,2,000 PC points for every case bought,,I don't drink pop but 2 of my sons do.
I usually have specialty bread (raisin) butter, milk, dish soap and potatoes on a regular basis.
Seriously my phone dings before I even get out the door with an email posting my points.
I like that there are 4 places where I can get points
RCSS
Shoppers
Loblaws
No Frills
If there is a good deal via airmiles I'll still give it a go but
Their offers have all turned to multiples ,,,look at today's flyer ,, a ton of stuff BUT you have to buy 5. (and the prices are hiked to cover the airmiles (2 boxes of oatmeal for $7) No frills has them for 1.88 each.
I've given it an honest no buy anything extra to get points and accumulated close to $600.00 in a few months.(not bad).
Welcome to the Dark side Hon!!!

Hugs
Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts