• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PCC 3.0 Stateroom Crawl

Just letting everyone know we will probably visit just 1 set of each stateroom. Eg we don't need to visit 2 staterooms with both ocean view porthole stateroom. Unless others think seeing different locations might be nice but again open to loads of suggestions.

How about for a potential meet......

Wednesday June 27th
Sea day
2:00pm
Meet at Vista cafe on deck 4

Just letting everyone know we will probably visit just 1 set of each stateroom. Eg we don't need to visit 2 staterooms with both ocean view porthole stateroom. Unless others think seeing different locations might be nice but again open to loads of suggestions.

How about for a potential meet......

Wednesday June 27th
Sea day
2:00pm
Meet at Vista cafe on deck 4

Are you thinking to start at the top and work down or the bottom and work up? I like the idea of building up in stateroom class, but someone else suggested that starting at the top and going down would make it easier to take the stairs. It would also make it easier to let everyone in the concierge cage. If it's a large group, it will spread out, so I've had to "man the gate" in the past.

For meeting place, I think it will depend on where we start the tour. We should meet on the deck where we're starting, somewhere close to the first room.

Time - 2:00 on the Sea Day (Wednesday, June 27)
Location - TBD

Here are the room types that have been volunteered so far. We don't plan on going to duplicate room types, but wanted some options to help us plan out the shortest route.

Please let me know via this thread or through PM if you're willing to share your room with everyone. We're looking for the room types where we still have question marks in particular. Calling all guests staying in Categories T, 7, 10, and 11!

Concierge Royal Suite w/ Verandah (Cat R)
12002 - NejTheLion

Concierge 1-Bedroom Suite w/ Verandah (Cat T)
?

Concierge Family Oceanview Stateroom w/ Verandah (Cat V)
12516 - Darthvader92

Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom w/ Verandah (Cat 4A-4D & 4E)
10100 - myweegirls (4A)
10096 - gretchenohar@hotmail (4A)
6106 - othello32 (4D)

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom w/ Verandah (Cat 5A-5D & 5E/6A/6B)
8184 - hbg4 (5E)
6690 - skatingmom (5E)

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom w/ Navigator's Verandah (Cat 7A)
?

Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom (Cat 8A & 8B-8D)
9154 - Disneyfun1 (8B)

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom (Cat 9A/9B & 9C/9D)
6000 - dmwang9 (9A)
8000 - Basil Fox (9C)

Deluxe Inside Stateroom (Cat 10A)
?

Standard Inside Stateroom (Cat 11A-11C)
?

I agree with only visiting 1 stateroom per category - 5A, 4A,B,C etc.
As for the rest of the decisions, I'll leave them to others who have done them before and have far more insight than I.
Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well (so far) the lowest deck is deck 6. Where is a good meeting place on deck 6?

I thought it was decided to start at the top?
Not only for the ease of walking down instead of up- but for the easier access to the concierge rooms when the group is all still together.
That made sense to me.

Unless I missed something in the discussion... wouldn't we meet on Deck 12 then? :confused3

Feel free to correct me!

I thought the same as you Linda - but thought maybe things had changed.
I'm fine with what everyone decides... I'm just along for the tour and comraderie!
Now if I could just finish culling all the clothes I'm sposed to be packing for everyone - and start getting this explosion of clothing in the dining room under control.....
My granddaughter told me a while ago that she has 3 suitcases packed - and now all she needs is her clothes! (She's 6 and must have at least 25 "outfits" picked out to take, along with 3 princess dresses, a pirate outfit, accessories, bathing suits, and various other things she can't go without, etc... Don't think there will be any room for any of us in our stateroom. It will be taken over by the Disney Wardrobe Dept!):scared1:
I'll have to weed things out and pack her stuff while she's not around so she doesn't realize it....
Looking forward to meeting everyone in TWO MORE WEEKS!!!!

I thought it was decided to start at the top?
Not only for the ease of walking down instead of up- but for the easier access to the concierge rooms when the group is all still together.
That made sense to me.

Unless I missed something in the discussion... wouldn't we meet on Deck 12 then? :confused3

Feel free to correct me!

Actually, I've heard from someone with an 11C who's on Deck 2, so that's the lowest now. I'll post updated lists tonight.

I'm fine with either top to bottom or bottom to top, but logistically it does make sense to start at the top since we can knock out all the concierge rooms first and then have the ease of using the stairs.

If that's the case, we should meet somewhere around Deck 12 Forward. Do you think there's enough room in the elevator bay? We could spill outside as needed. And really, once enough gather, we could start sending people back to the first room. We can't all go around as one large group because we won't all be able to fit at once. How I've done this before is to mark out the order of rooms with directions on getting from one to the next, and then it becomes a stream of people. Some stay longer in some rooms than others.

I'm happy to make up the list and bring copies for people.

My granddaughter told me a while ago that she has 3 suitcases packed - and now all she needs is her clothes! (She's 6 and must have at least 25 "outfits" picked out to take, along with 3 princess dresses, a pirate outfit, accessories, bathing suits, and various other things she can't go without, etc... )

Holy cow!! You're gonna need a second stateroom just for the wardrobe! :rotfl:
Good luck paring that down without her noticing! ;)

Tell me about it, Linda!
Good thing I have a big attic!
Her mother just smiles and shakes her head. She says I created the monster....:rotfl:

So when we do the stateroom crawl will we stay as a group from room to room and then when you get to your room let people in?

So when we do the stateroom crawl will we stay as a group from room to room and then when you get to your room let people in?

That's the basic idea. Depending on the size of the group, it may end up having to spread out a bit. For most of the rooms, we probably won't be able to fit everyone in at once. So if your room is coming up, you may need to make sure you move up to the front of the pack. Otherwise, those in front would just have to wait a couple minutes. I'll type up the order of rooms that we'll visit so everyone can follow along.

Meeting Place - Deck 12 Forward Elevators (spilling outside if needed)

Here are the room types that have been volunteered so far. We don't plan on going to duplicate room types, but wanted some options to help us plan out the shortest route.

Please let me know via this thread or through PM if you're willing to share your room with everyone. We're looking for the room types where we still have question marks in particular. Calling any cruisers in a Cat T, 4E, 8A, or 10A!

12002 - NejTheLion

?

12516 - Darthvader92

Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom w/ Verandah (Cat 4A-4D)
10100 - myweegirls (4A)
9576 - wdwscout (4A)
6106 - othello32 (4D)

Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom w/ Oversized Verandah (Cat 4E)
?

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom w/ Verandah (Cat 5A-5D)
10508 - ascardino (5A)

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom w/ Oversized and/or Whitewall Verandah (5E/6A/6B)
8184 - hbg4 (5E)
6690 - skatingmom (5E)

6178 - brother of othello32 (7A)

Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom w/ 2 Portholes (Cat 8A)
?

Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom w/ 1 Large Porthole (Cat 8B-8D)
9154 - Disneyfun1 (8B)

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom (Cat 9A/9B)
6000 - dmwang9 (9A)

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom w/ Obstructed and/or Limited View (Cat 9C/9D)
8000 - Basil Fox (9C)

?

2025 - Pikester (11C)

UPDATE - We added a Category 4E! Still looking for a Cat T, 8A, or 10A...

Meeting Place - Deck 12 Forward Elevators (spilling outside if needed)

12002 - NejTheLion

?

12516 - Darthvader92

Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom w/ Verandah (Cat 4A-4D)
10100 - myweegirls (4A)
9576 - wdwscout (4A)
6106 - othello32 (4D)

Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom w/ Oversized Verandah (Cat 4E)
5044 - disneybeachprincess (4E)

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom w/ Verandah (Cat 5A-5D)
10508 - ascardino (5A)

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom w/ Oversized and/or Whitewall Verandah (5E/6A/6B)
8184 - hbg4 (5E)
6690 - skatingmom (5E)

6178 - brother of othello32 (7A)

Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom w/ 2 Portholes (Cat 8A)
?

Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom w/ 1 Large Porthole (Cat 8B-8D)
9154 - Disneyfun1 (8B)

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom (Cat 9A/9B)
6000 - dmwang9 (9A)

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom w/ Obstructed and/or Limited View (Cat 9C/9D)
8000 - Basil Fox (9C)

?

2025 - Pikester (11C)

My cabin is actually a cat 9C, not 9A. Apologies for the typo.

-- Dave

Can we still join in on the fun? We are in cabin 9166 which is listed as a catagory 6A.

Bzelf & Bwix

I have printed copies (about 50), but here's the final room order if you're interested. I selected the rooms that would allow for the most direct route without duplicating any room types. We ended up with 10 different types of rooms that we'll be able to see.

And of course as we go along, if you want to open up your room to the group, you're more than welcome!

I wanted to extend a big THANKS! to Jen and Matt for organizing this event. And also to everyone who opened their cabins for all to see- especially those who volunteered at the last minute when we ended up missing categories. :cool1:

We really enjoyed seeing other cabin categories and learned quite a lot about choosing future staterooms.

I definitely recommend this to future cruisers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter