Pennsylvania DVC Owners Group

;) I had meant driving to HHI (my kids are 7 and10— I’m dreading the 12hr drive to HHI, and was inquiring about that half way point (6hrs).

my kids can barely last a 2.5hr drive when we visit central PA. I’ve been able to get them to the 1.5hr mark when we visit family in north jersey....

maybe busch gardens/williamsburgh if you are trying to break it up a little bit

;) I had meant driving to HHI (my kids are 7 and10— I’m dreading the 12hr drive to HHI, and was inquiring about that half way point (6hrs).

my kids can barely last a 2.5hr drive when we visit central PA. I’ve been able to get them to the 1.5hr mark when we visit family in north jersey....
Oh gotcha. Not sure what would be halfway to HHI. Understand now

West Chester here.

We've been OKW owners since 1993. We also had an HHI membership from 2000 to 2018. We sold that as we don't travel to WDW as often now that the kids are older.

We're here right now for our first trip back since January 2017 and loving being home at OKW.

I’m with your kids, any drive over 2 hours is to much for me at this stage of the game Been there, done that road warrior thing.

We’ve flown twice this year to MYR thanks to cheap spirit flights HHI has always been off my radar.

Now that SWA will be starting flights to Savannah From PIT next year will be looking at that 7 month mark. Probably vying with many more DVCers at that point

Yes, this has hit me too. I work in Virginia and am there now waiting for a government credential (FDA). Now, I have to get tested to go home. Problem is while the testing is supposed to be free, it is not for me. I tried to sign up for so-called free testing and it said I was not qualified. So if PA is requiring me to take a test to enter, who is going to pay for it? Not me, unless I can write the full cost off of my PA taxes.

Can just quarantine for 2 weeks upon return. But why can we travel to see family in another part of PA but not cross over into MD? Like covid isn't as catchable in our home state?

And the test negative 72 hours before return to PA. But what if we are exposed to covid after taking the test, like 10 hours before returning to PA? Or what if we're exposed to covid 1 hour before taking test when its too soon to come up positive?

Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

Last edited:
Travel Quarantine now in place from PA, obviously designed to deter people from traveling over the Thanksgiving holiday period. Sadly, that would be my family.

Vague as to which test, rapid or PCR is requirement to re-enter state vs 14 day quarantine.

https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/coronavirus/Pages/Travelers.aspx

Hmm... supposed to be going Dec 2-9...doesn't matter for those of us working from home, but I guess we'll be going to the onsite covid testing center for the one or two people that would need it in order to go back to work.

Are there going to be checkpoints on the roads? We're supposed to be flying from BWI instead of PIT, so we're driving to and from there. I'm not sure how the PA/MD state line would be handling it (leading into Breezewood).

Hmm... supposed to be going Dec 2-9...doesn't matter for those of us working from home, but I guess we'll be going to the onsite covid testing center for the one or two people that would need it in order to go back to work.

Are there going to be checkpoints on the roads? We're supposed to be flying from BWI instead of PIT, so we're driving to and from there. I'm not sure how the PA/MD state line would be handling it (leading into Breezewood).
Shouldn't be a checkpoint. Aside from this not being Cuba...we have option of quarantine at home instead of test. So we should be able to get home then.

Shouldn't be a checkpoint. Aside from this not being Cuba...we have option of quarantine at home instead of test. So we should be able to get home then.

That's what we'd be hoping for in that case, just so there isn't a delay in getting home.

Pittsburgh area here! Member since 2010. I own at VGC, BLT, Poly and Riviera, have 5 membership numbers and 4 UYs, LOL.

I am scheduled for Dec 12-15, and for my sanity I think I am going to stick with it. I can do the 2 week quarantine upon return since I live alone and work from home. I will be at Boardwalk a couple nights and VGF one night. If Florida lets us in, that is!

In the same boat, so glad I found this thread. We're driving to Newark to fly to Disney 11/27 and come back 12/5. I started panicking yesterday when the order came out, thinking they'll stop us on our drive back to PA and won't let us drive home (about 1.5 hours). I don't see how they'd be able to enforce it, though, as we won't be stopping anywhere until we arrive home and will of course take every precaution before, during, and after our trip. My takeaway is that these steps are suggestions/recommendations but it's ultimately up to the traveler to abide by them. I might take advantage of the onsite testing on one of our last days if we need to. The wording on the test center website says cast members and residents, so will out of state guests be able to get tested? Has anyone had experience with this?

In the same boat, so glad I found this thread. We're driving to Newark to fly to Disney 11/27 and come back 12/5. I started panicking yesterday when the order came out, thinking they'll stop us on our drive back to PA and won't let us drive home (about 1.5 hours). I don't see how they'd be able to enforce it, though, as we won't be stopping anywhere until we arrive home and will of course take every precaution before, during, and after our trip. My takeaway is that these steps are suggestions/recommendations but it's ultimately up to the traveler to abide by them. I might take advantage of the onsite testing on one of our last days if we need to. The wording on the test center website says cast members and residents, so will out of state guests be able to get tested? Has anyone had experience with this?

I don’t have experience per se, but I’ve been seeing multiple instances of people from NY in the other boards here say they’ve been going to the maingate testing site to get the tests done, since they require that in order to not quarantine.

Urgent care places do the tests. Like here, Patient First is a go to place. CVS minute clinic may also. So do you need it done within 72 hours, meaning no earlier than? So we could do it 24 hours prior to leaving? I read that you quarantine at home until the results come in. The last minute we could take the test, the better since one can be exposed after taking the test.

If you all are on Next Door, they may be discussing this there. Mine is anyway. Discussing the PA mandate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter