This just showed up on my Twitter feed: the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will have to agree to disagree on that. I don't care if it is at home on their own time. I do not want a drug user near my child. Period.
Unfortunately that is beyond your control. How do you know who is a drug user and who isn't? This issue isn't nearly as cut and dried as you'd like to pretend it is.

The story is on the Cruise Law News website now. It says People Magazine in the UK published it and the Mirror then picked up on it and added additional photos. So it looks like it was more than a tabloid fabrication. Yes, it can happen anywhere. Choosing a different cruise line wouldn't decrease the odds.

Unfortunately that is beyond your control. How do you know who is a drug user and who isn't? This issue isn't nearly as cut and dried as you'd like to pretend it is.

That was exactly my point in a deleted post.

No need to start a new thread..you could have just posted this on the other thread.

ETA...I merged the two threads.

MJ

I don't know why that Cruise Law News website has "news" in their name. Whoever is writing that article in no way conveys "news" on any level. All they did was regurgitate the same bits from the other articles and throw in some personal opinions to boot. News should be unbiased and informative. That one was faaaaar from unbiased or informative.

While high stress paired with close quarters and a large number of young people separated from their families for long periods is bound to create a mini social world full of promiscuity, etc. (yes, I speak from experience) it doesn't necessarily have to be expected to be riddled with illegal substances. All Disney has to do is hair test the crew. Think it'd be impossible to do on a large scale? Think again. One of the refineries my husband does work in requires hair tests of everyone who enters their facility to work including contractors. The hair test tells all.

This doesn't surprise me in any way but I work in the public sector :lmao:

I do have a few friends who previously worked cruise ships, at least 2 out of them left the industry to deal with addictions of some description drug/alcohol, it is apparently rife right or wrong.

It's also noteworthy that the article the OP linked to not so subtly ties the "CMs out of control" theme in the storyline to the disappearance last year of Rebecca Coriam. It mentions the last security video taken of her early in the morning of 03/22/11 which some viewers felt possibly showed her looking drunk/stoned.

Honestly people.....enough with the bickering and veiled insults.

If you want to continue to discuss this do it in a polite way...any more digs or innuendo posts will be deleted and infractions given.

MJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter