Pet Loop dilemma-Please help!!

CLynnJones

DIS Veteran
10 of us will be going to FW over the X-mas/New Year Holiday. We will be staying at FW in our 30 ft motorhome and a tent for the teenagers. Included in the group is my 60-something mom and her friend Peg who is around the same age. My mom went with us before and loved the 100 loop due to its location (close to marina, Trail's End, petting zoo, ect.) She is asthmatic
and can't walk too far without exerting herself.
My problem is I have to bring 2 pets with us on this trip and requested the 300 loop so mom and her friend could still be fairly close to everything and they told me that 300 isn't officially a pet loop, that it just an experiment. They can put down my request but can't guarantee that our pets will be able to stay in that loop. If they can't the lady told me they can stay at the kennel for $9 each a night but you have to walk them 3 times a day. We would like TO KNOW that our pets can stay with us, so I am thinking of calling back and just requesting a regular pet loop and maybe renting a golf cart for mom and friend. What do you think? My blood pressure was threw the roof yesterday over this!! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I want everyone to be happy and everything to ba taken care of so we don't have to worry about what's going to happen when we get there as far as the pets go.
My mom sounded disappointed when I mentioned the 1600-1900 loops and she said she will be scared to drive the golf cart..........

We have stayed in the pet loop on quite a few of our trips. We
don't usually bring our pets, but others in our family do. The pet
loops our located very near the meadows area. The pool, campfire
and meadows trading post are very close by. This middle area of the
campground is what we usually request because it is convenient to
these. As for the golf cart, my father has a hard time with all the
walking and we rented a golf cart for he and my mother. They loved it.
They cruised around in that thing all the time. It doesn't go that fast .
They have already said the next trip they go with us on they are
renting one for the whole time they are there.

Tell Mom not to worry about the golfcart. I am a real wimp at best. Once I drove that cart I loved it. She won't have any problem with it!

Thank you so much sixcats and we4mickey! I do feel much better now, I will let my mom read your posts about the golf carts.

Hi,

I would suggest keeping your request for the 300 loop, but I must say I stay there all the time and I have not been lucky enough to get that loop with a pet. What I would however seriously request for a second choice is either loop 1600 or 1700 which are the closest loops to the pet bus stops. If you also request to be at the begining or end of loop it will also make it easier to walk to the bus stop. You should call ahead and make res.'s for the golf cart as soon as you can as that is the ONLY way to be gtd one when you get there.

Hope this helps to keep your pet with you at your site...Mmketeer

Don't give up on getting a pet loop. Call back often and you may get lucky. Do call and reserve the golf cart right now by calling the FW bike barn since you are going at a popular time.

My husband called last night and asked to speak to a manager, he told her about our situation and she said "how about if we just switch you to a full hook-up site in a pet loop" my husband told her that was what we wanted but that we were told they were all full. She said they always "keep a few up their sleeves". Just wanted to let all of you kind folks to know the outcome. I also told my mom about your parents we4mickey and it seemed to reassure her. Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter