Phantom room

MrToadfan

Mouseketeer
I am baffled on this one. I am less than 30 days out on a package booking. I normally book a club level stay. I booked much later than usual, and was not able to get a club level reservation. I paid in full. A club level reservation is now available at the same resort. I can see it on my computer screen. I can even go through and book it as a new reservation if I wanted to (which I don't want to do because I am outside of my cancellation window for the original reservation). I have now spoken to two different telephone cast members at Disney and they both say they just don't even see the room in their system at all. I called back, this time having carted it online, and having a cart ID, and they are telling me this does not help them to pull-up the room. Any advice or ideas on this?

I am baffled on this one. I am less than 30 days out on a package booking. I normally book a club level stay. I booked much later than usual, and was not able to get a club level reservation. I paid in full. A club level reservation is now available at the same resort. I can see it on my computer screen. I can even go through and book it as a new reservation if I wanted to (which I don't want to do because I am outside of my cancellation window for the original reservation). I have now spoken to two different telephone cast members at Disney and they both say they just don't even see the room in their system at all. I called back, this time having carted it online, and having a cart ID, and they are telling me this does not help them to pull-up the room. Any advice or ideas on this?
In the past I've been told by room reservation CM's that it doesn't help them to have the room I want in a cart. I've never tried to use a "cart ID".
When I call to make a reservation based on what I've seen online, I am very careful not to have it in the cart. The only time I use a cart is if I am going to book online myself.

In the past I've been told by room reservation CM's that it doesn't help them to have the room I want in a cart. I've never tried to use a "cart ID".
When I call to make a reservation based on what I've seen online, I am very careful not to have it in the cart. The only time I use a cart is if I am going to book online myself.

I initially did call without carting it, and they still couldn't see it, which was why I did go back through to attempt to cart it myself. I'm wondering if maybe this means someone else also placed it in their cart, and if so, I'm wondering how long they have the booking rights before a CM can see it in the system again. I suppose I'll just keep checking, some of those room only cancellations pop very late.

I take it there is no Change Reservation option on your reservation?
At any rate,
I've done what you are doing before, called to book, had them tell me, they can't see it.
I've told them, well I can, can you check again. Most recently was at the first of September, for an arrival less than 48 hours away
They've always, at that point, been able to find it, often needed to get GS to make the switch though.
Have you asked them to pass you to GS?

Happened to me in the past...get completely out of the website then reload and if its available it will be there otherwise its gone.
Oh, this too. I've had what I thought was an available room, but when I went to purchase, it returned an error. Turned out it was really not available, just a cookie problem.

I take it there is no Change Reservation option on your reservation? Correct. I'm past my online change window.

At any rate,
I've done what you are doing before, called to book, had them tell me, they can't see it.
I've told them, well I can, can you check again. Most recently was at the first of September, for an arrival less than 48 hours away
They've always, at that point, been able to find it, often needed to get GS to make the switch though.
Have you asked them to pass you to GS?
This is a good suggestion. I haven't asked to be passed on to guest services. I will give that a shot. Thank you!

Happened to me in the past...get completely out of the website then reload and if its available it will be there otherwise its gone.
This is the most baffling part to me. I've gone out. Dumped my history and cookies. I can still see it, but they claim they cannot. I'm going to try to see if I can have them pass me through to GS instead. Thanks all for the suggestions.

This is a good suggestion. I haven't asked to be passed on to guest services. I will give that a shot. Thank you!
You may have to be really insistent/persistent. Sometimes the CM is more reluctant to pass the call on.
Just insist that you know the room is available and if you were outside your 30 days you'd just check out but since you aren't you need assistance to switch to it.
Though here's where you may still have an issue.... are you going from a package to a package? Or package to room only?
If you are switching types of reservation then they have to cancel the package and rebook. Not that they can't do that without a penalty, GS can. Just mentioning that it may be a step they'll have to do.

This is the most baffling part to me. I've gone out. Dumped my history and cookies. I can still see it, but they claim they cannot. I'm going to try to see if I can have them pass me through to GS instead. Thanks all for the suggestions.

Yes, you have to ask for GS when this happens. Cart ID doesn’t help in these instances.

Yes, you have to ask for GS when this happens. Cart ID doesn’t help in these instances.
If it doesn't help in this case, as in above, when PP had the room in their cart, gave the ID to the agent and the agent can't use the ID, just what is the cart ID for?
Clearly I've never used it (seen it on there, but never used it)

Try viewing incognito browser. If you can still see it then call and have it transferred. Sometimes the hotel shows up when it's not really available, but viewing in that browser will show you what is really there.

ive had that happen to me in the past while on the phone with guest services, they tell me to book it and if i get a confirmation number and they adjusted my current reservation to the one i just made. believe me, they want your $$. if they can make more $$ off you, they'll do it.

To many hours have past since my last post but give us exactly what your looking for and we will see if we see it too....

If it doesn't help in this case, as in above, when PP had the room in their cart, gave the ID to the agent and the agent can't use the ID, just what is the cart ID for?
Clearly I've never used it (seen it on there, but never used it)

That’s what I want to know. This has happened to me twice, as recently as last month. The reservationist can’t see the room/cart, but I can pay for it (refresh, remove/add it back, etc). Then they put me on hold, ring GS, and say, “oh, now we can see it.”

I just assumed putting a room in cart takes it out of inventory, then reservations can’t see it. But the cart ID thing baffles me.

I would’ve just rebooked the room last month, but needed to modify a reservation booked prior to the parking fee.

I got pulled away with work and unfortunately wasn't able to circle back to it until this evening, at which point, it really was gone. I appreciate all the helpful suggestions. Thank you everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!