Photo Board Assignment: Summer Scavenger Hunt, June-September, 2012

And the category stretch for the week?

I almost went with the Pet Riding Shotgun...but then I saw this.

Rope Swing

0826WattleFestival053.jpg

Okay. Not much of a Splash!

0826WattleFestival057.jpg

princess::upsidedow

Wild turkeys
IMG_2862.jpg

bee This one I've already done, but I thought it was cool to see them carrying pollen on their legs
IMG_2837.jpg

Welcome to Arrowhead
DSCN0126.jpg

Yacht Not a great picture, but I was taking it from a kayak
DSCN0125.jpg

Rope swing
DSCN0123.jpg

Lily pads
DSCN0117.jpg

Here are a few more:

Peppermint
DSC_091816.jpg

Soulful
DSC_091412.jpg

Snow Cone and Nail Art
DSC_09099.jpg

Blue Ribbon
DSC_091715.jpg

My Hobby - Scrapbooking
DSC_091210.jpg
DSC_091311.jpg

Well, the Summer is almost over here (not quite though) and I finally got a photo for this assignment! :cool1: I have been very very busy as usual but on a newspaper assignment last weekend I looked up and saw this and remembered that it was one of the things we were looking for on here!

IMG_7085.jpg

I've been trying to collect my pictures for this throughout the summer. I've thoroughly enjoyed picking up the pictures as I've gone along and trying to come up with things that aren't necessarily the obvious...

I've also spent the summer on somewhat of a photo project of my own, going through a HUGE backlog of untouched images and picking them, editing them and (next on my list) keywording them.

So anyway - these are my efforts from the summer:

At the start of the summer we had a huge boat pageant along the river thames, which of course included more than a couple of anchors

DSC05175.jpg

I took the opportunity on one of the dryer days in between all the rain, to go visit a nearby bird reserve where I found a lilipad...

DSC05468.jpg

and a number of black and white avocets.

DSC05510.jpg

But the dry days didn't last - we had plenty of rain which on some days came down with a big splash

DSC05579.jpg

Of course we also had the olympics here over the summer and everybody got very patriotic - especially these red, white and blue morris dancers

DSC05605.jpg

Whilst flying to visit my partner one evening, I stumbled upon a shop selling double deckers

IMG_0721.jpg

On one of the days I visited my partner, we went to Blackpool pleasure beach, which has a number of rides which are over a century in age

IMG_0825.jpg

Back home again, I visited a nearby animal park. In that park, they had a butterfly house, where I found some eggs. But - I've no idea what species the eggs come from, so all I can do is wonder "what is it?"

DSC05638.jpg

Also among the animals were lots of otters, which of course are an O animal

DSC05668.jpg

I also found a dear there, with the lighting making the dear look very lazy, hazy

DSC05691.jpg

My partner also came to visit me, so we took the chance to visit another local wildlife park. In the tropical house, I found a chameleon perched happily on the glass, allowing me to take a macro shot of it's foot against the glass

DSC05823.jpg

And then on the way out, I stumbled across a huge mosaic on the shop wall

DSC05835.jpg

We also took the chance to head off to bath for the day, which had a number of shops somewhat different to the ones we're used to. The first stop was lush, who seem to be selling bumble bees

IMG_0725.jpg

Then we came across a little toy shop, where a found a wooden yacht...

IMG_0726.jpg

and some hot air balloons made of balls

IMG_0728.jpg

A visit to the roman baths and the attached gift shop then yielded some candy canes, which were of course peppermint ones

IMG_0730.jpg

And finally walking back to the train station, we happened to pass a bag shop including one showing a bird bath with bird

IMG_0732.jpg

I've been trying to collect my pictures for this throughout the summer. I've thoroughly enjoyed picking up the pictures as I've gone along and trying to come up with things that aren't necessarily the obvious...

I've also spent the summer on somewhat of a photo project of my own, going through a HUGE backlog of untouched images and picking them, editing them and (next on my list) keywording them.

So anyway - these are my efforts from the summer:

Back home again, I visited a nearby animal park. In that park, they had a butterfly house, where I found some eggs. But - I've no idea what species the eggs come from, so all I can do is wonder "what is it?"

DSC05638.jpg

Those look like Monarch Butterfly eggs to me. Kind of depends on how small they were and what plant they were on but if they are real small and on a milkweed plant, they are most likely the Monarch.

Well, the Summer is almost over here (not quite though) and I finally got a photo for this assignment! :cool1: I have been very very busy as usual but on a newspaper assignment last weekend I looked up and saw this and remembered that it was one of the things we were looking for on here!

IMG_7085.jpg

:woohoo: :lmao:

The Scav Hunt regulars will know that I go to almost insane levels of stalking for these assignments. And I've been known to do things that I would never EVER do if it weren't for the challenge of getting that shot.

I've been known to have those casual five minutes one-shoot stands with absolute strangers, never to see them again.
And every so often, I'll have one of those dumb-luck right place, right time moments......

I was out and about yesterday, minding my own business and practising long exposure shooting.....

0915ScavHunt009.jpg

.....when......Guess who stopped by for a visit?

0915ScavHunt138.jpg

For those that remember.....Johnathan Livingstone Seagull and I had one of those 5-minute shoot and Bird in Flight moments last year. I suppose that this makes us casual acquiantances now.

Okay....I admit that the setting is a water fountain. But you have to admit, that these pictures fit the category of Bird in Bath.

0915ScavHunt080.jpg

0915ScavHunt081.jpg

0915ScavHunt087.jpg

Splash

0915ScavHunt112.jpg

I sure hope I run into him again NEXT time!

0915ScavHunt109.jpg

princess::upsidedow

Great bird bath pics PrincessinOz!!!!

Well today is the last day of the hunt and I am disappointed in myself that I didn't get a few more categories that I thought I would. But it was a lot of fun and I am looking forward to the next one!

I really loved looking at everyone's pics and seeing different interpretations on he subjects!

There were some seemingly easy ones that I missed out on, also. Looking forward to the next scavenger hunt! This was fun!

Great shots of the bird in bath PrincessInOz.

I better upload my last couple of shots.

After nearly a week without decent connectivity, I've finally gotten my photos from last month uploaded - a week too late :badpc:

But, I figured you might as well enjoy them, since I enjoyed taking them :rolleyes:

Photos from WDW for the Summer Scavenger Hunt.

All taken with a Panasonic DMC-TZ1, and scaled down to managable upload sizes

from Mousemom23's Flickr Photostream

After nearly a week without decent connectivity, I've finally gotten my photos from last month uploaded - a week too late :badpc:

But, I figured you might as well enjoy them, since I enjoyed taking them :rolleyes:

Photos from WDW for the Summer Scavenger Hunt.

All taken with a Panasonic DMC-TZ1, and scaled down to managable upload sizes

from Mousemom23's Flickr Photostream
Don't worry about being late :p, I fully intend to keep using the list next week and the week after down at the World. Granted, I did mention that way back at the start of the summer, when my trip was 2 weeks earlier (so, would be ending tomorrow), but whatever. If they don't like it, they can deal!

Very nice shots :)

I have continued to work on the list and have quite a few new photos to upload. I am leaving for India next week. Probably wont have time to post until I return. Maybe I will get lucky and get something together later this weekend.

Well another fun hunt has wound down! I still have some pics to upload as well - please know that it's fine to continue to post pics here anytime if you have them!

Thanks for everyone's participation. :goodvibes I'm mulling over some ideas for the next hunt - maybe we'll do a small one for the fall. Send ideas to me if you have them!

Well another fun hunt has wound down! I still have some pics to upload as well - please know that it's fine to continue to post pics here anytime if you have them!

Thanks for everyone's participation. :goodvibes I'm mulling over some ideas for the next hunt - maybe we'll do a small one for the fall. Send ideas to me if you have them!
I'll let you know after my trip, so that we can include as many as possible and I can "win" the hunt*! :p

Though, I've been thinking of something along the lines of a yearly Disney-based hunt (can easily go along with yours, since one is seasonal and focused on getting us out and shooting, the other is just for something different in the World, or Land, or Hong Kong/Tokyo/Paris/Boat). Of course, I'm way too lazy to organize it, so it remains a fleeting thought.

(*Yes, I know there's no winners to the hunts and they're all in fun. That doesn't mean I can't cheat to get ahead though!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter