Photo Sharing; HDR

Daisy14'sDH

DIS Veteran
I've sseen a growing interest in HDR on the board and am an avid fan of the technique as well. We've got brand clubs, ultra wide so why not HDR!?!

A lot of photographers (I've read) look down on the technique as over saturated clown makeup lol, lets prove them right and wrong! :thumbsup2

I'll start it off with a few of my examples.

IMGP0393_4_5_6_7.jpg

IMGP0222_3_4_5_6.jpg

IMGP0810_1_3-1.jpg

IMGP0342_3_5_6_7.jpg

I for one love HDR photos :thumbsup2 For me it adds another dimension to these pictures and make them look surreal. I enjoy seeing them along wish fish eye and other gimmicky type shots and lenses.

Nice photos by the way Daisy14'sDH

I've sseen a growing interest in HDR on the board and am an avid fan of the technique as well. We've got brand clubs, ultra wide so why not HDR!?!

A lot of photographers (I've read) look down on the technique as over saturated clown makeup lol, lets prove them right and wrong! :thumbsup2
]

Your pictures are fantastic. I do think extreme HDR images are a whole independent category, apart from "regular" photography. But similarly, black and white photography is very different from color photography.
There are times that an over-the-top HDR image is stunning, and there is a place for photographs that most accurately reflect the real world beauty of a scene. And there is a time for the drama created by b&w.

While no where as dramatic or technically great, I thought I would include this shot as an example of a more natural HDR for discussion purposes:

DSC01617.jpg

This was produced in-camera on my PnS in the "backlight HDR" scene mode. Without HDR, my first attempt at this view only had pure bright white clouds, but that is not what I saw with my eyes, so I was glad to have this mild HDR to bring out the shadow detail that I saw.
I have mote vivid HDR modes but nothing I've taken ever has the complete flair of the above photos.

This was produced in-camera on my PnS in the "backlight HDR" scene mode. Without HDR, my first attempt at this view only had pure bright white clouds, but that is not what I saw with my eyes, so I was glad to have this mild HDR to bring out the shadow detail that I saw.
I have mote vivid HDR modes but nothing I've taken ever has the complete flair of the above photos.

Yes, really 2 very different uses of HDR -- A mild effect, just to bring out the shadows and highlights versus the hyper-real images.

I think there is a time and place for both.

Some of my HDRs are just fused exposures to extend the DR so the scene is more fully captured:

bw_1000591_2_3_4_5_fused.jpg

bw_1010269_fused.jpg

bw_1010299_fused.jpg

Some are less subtle via tone mapping:

mainst_6349_7_8.jpg

partners_6364_2_3.jpg

fountain_6321_19_20.jpg

Others are unashamedly over the top:

france_1608_09_10.jpg

bcv_360_5100_098_099.jpg

hdr_4775_3_4.jpg

_mg_7075.jpg

france_2043_1_2.jpg

Great shots everyone! I still haven't found the right HDR tool for my liking, but for the meantime, I'll enjoy looking at all your wonderful artwork!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter