Pics from the park yesterday - 10-29-17

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
I was the first into the park and first in line for PP. However, there was a little girl immediately behind me and I could tell she was disappointed that she wasn't first so I let her take my place. Here are some pics. Sorry some are blurry.

Crowds were moderate. Certainly they were far better than last Saturday when me and my brother spent 17.5 hours at DL. Too much sun and too much fun.

IMG_3023.JPG

IMG_3029.JPG

IMG_3031.JPG

In case anyone's wondering, I carry my own vegan lunch to the park most days -- that's what's in the white bag I'm carrying. Once in a while I treat myself to the veggie tacos at Rancho del Zocalo.
FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_3037.JPG

IMG_3044.JPG

IMG_3046.JPG

IMG_3049.JPG

IMG_3052.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3038.JPG
    IMG_3038.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
P.S. The camera on Buzz was broken yesterday so no high score pics this time. Hopefully next Sunday.

Also: when I rode Dumbo yesterday, I wasn't given a card with an assigned cart on it. Looks like they've stopped doing that after only a few weeks.

Last edited:

And a few bonus pics. I just added MaxPass to my AP a few days ago and used it for the first time yesterday. As a result, I was able to get my Ghost Galaxy pic. First time I've ever received an official ride pic. The couple behind me, incidentally, was from France. We talked briefly about DL vs. DL Paris.

IMG_3085.JPG

IMG_3086.JPG

Last edited:
I like the last pic (with the balloons), very cute! Looks like a fun trip. Excited to see snow on the castle!! I'll be there 2 weeks from Saturday. :)

P.S. The camera on Buzz was broken yesterday so no high score pics this time. Hopefully next Sunday.

Also: when I rode Dumbo yesterday, I wasn't given a card with an assigned cart on it. Looks like they've stopped doing that after only a few weeks.

I missed these, but I remember they used to give tickets to hold for each group that was next and we didn't get those last Thursday. I hope those are gone for good because it's just one more germ-filled thing my child wants to stick in his mouth, yuck!

Just Saturday or all weekend? I'm usually there on Sundays. Will probably skip the weekend of the 11th because of the various marathons/races.

For sure Saturday and maybe a few hours on Sunday. We have to drive home on Sunday. :'(

Aww man the canoes were going? Every time I try to go ride them they are closed. I don't think I've ridden them for probably 20 years.

I was the first into the park and first in line for PP. However, there was a little girl immediately behind me and I could tell she was disappointed that she wasn't first so I let her take my place. Here are some pics. Sorry some are blurry.

Crowds were moderate. Certainly they were far better than last Saturday when me and my brother spent 17.5 hours at DL. Too much sun and too much fun.
I actually look for you on Sundays (I am there most too)! Still haven't seen you though. I am there about 30 minutes before the park opens. No scores on Buzz... were you really there?? It was so cold and overcast it was a nice change. All kidding aside, I will find you one of these days. I think it is because I usually don't go into Fantasyland.

Just curious what time do you get there to be first in line? As in how long before opening?
I typically arrive right around 7:00 a.m. Once the gates open (usually around 7:40), I walk as fast as I can to the rope. When the rope drops I walk as fast as I can (although almost always, someone runs) to PP. Doesn't always work, though. As I say, almost always someone will run. Or sprint.

I actually look for you on Sundays (I am there most too)! Still haven't seen you though. I am there about 30 minutes before the park opens. No scores on Buzz... were you really there?? It was so cold and overcast it was a nice change. All kidding aside, I will find you one of these days. I think it is because I usually don't go into Fantasyland.
I usually leave Fantasyland by about 8:30. I may pass through it once or twice later in the day but the majority of my time is spent in TL (around Buzz), Frontierland, Main Street and NOS. Sometimes I'll just chill near the river. I usually bring a writing project that I'm working on and take a break from the energy of the park with it for a bit.

I usually leave Fantasyland by about 8:30. I may pass through it once or twice later in the day but the majority of my time is spent in TL (around Buzz), Frontierland, Main Street and NOS. Sometimes I'll just chill near the river. I usually bring a writing project that I'm working on and take a break from the energy of the park with it for a bit.
As an aspiring writer, this sounds like Heaven. Do you bring your laptop? I'm trying to remember if I've ever seen anyone on a laptop in the parks (but I only go every other year or so).

As an aspiring writer, this sounds like Heaven. Do you bring your laptop? I'm trying to remember if I've ever seen anyone on a laptop in the parks (but I only go every other year or so).
No, I simply print a few pages (double-sided) and slip them into my pocket. Whenever I need to withdraw from the noise, etc, for a bit I simply have a seat and pull it out. Makes for a very nice break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!