** Picture of the Day 3 **

Flowering plants of the season:

i-PqcLhqq-XL.jpg
:tink:

"Legacy"

Very few of us will be lucky enough to leave this life and leave behind a legacy much outside of our own families. Some men and women start with a simple idea. In Walt's case the idea to entertain others, and make a much needed buck with comics and animated shorts. And while the medium was already there, Walt soon began to press it forward by being one of the fist to add sound and later by virtually inventing the multi-plane camera for use in animation.

Soon his desire to create a "happy place... where parents and children can have fun, together" along with his fascination for steam trains, adventure, fantasy and the future is really what gave us Disneyland. Find any picture of Walt in his park, especially if there are guests around, and you'll see the joy in his face.

Fifty one years gone now. But kids five to ninety five that visit today still find that magic. And while Walt said "Disneyland is your land", it really was his, but I think that is better. Sure someone can give you something, but when a friend shares something with you it's all the sweeter.

The Partners - Photographed on a gray and foggy morning before Rope Drop November 26, 2017

39041584562_35fe1a0d82_b.jpg

Chris...great shot. Just looking at this picture takes me back to those winter days when I lived in the Midwest. Those were days where the snow was beautiful...you know...before you have to spend hours shoveling it away. :D

Thanks Tom! The first snow melted away quickly, but had to get the shovel out for the second one!

Nice shot! - going to see The Last Jedi this afternoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter