Pin Displays

missesdisney

DIS Veteran
We have tons of Disney pins we've been buying since 2000 and I have some display cases they are in, but they are under a table since they are not really good for display. I want to display them somehow but need some creative ideas. They are heavy when all together so this is a factor in the display. Anyone have any good ideas?

Here's how I display our pins.
Pinboard001.jpg

I just took a favorite photo from one of our trips and matted it in the middle of a nice cork board. This actually isn't a cork board, it's kind of a rough material. And, then I've got the pictures going around the photo. We've got another one of DS's Stitch pins with one of his drawings of Stitch in the middle. I found these boards at Michaels about a year or so ago and they look really nice on the wall.

It came framed like that. It just has a nicer look to it than a regular ol' cork board. I don't know if they still have them as I haven't paid any attention. It was out when they had a big display of school stuff at the end of the summer so if they don't have it now they might when school starts back up later in the year.

I bought pins specifically for this project, but if you have a lot of attraction pin it might work for you.

I plan on gluing the map to foam board (that kids use to make large displays for school projects) and then adding the pins from the attractions on the map. I have other extra pins to add in also.

These are photos from when I laid it out to see what pins I needed to fill in areas. I took photos so I could remember how I had it laid out for when I got back to actually putting it together.

DSC00353.jpg

DSC00355.jpg

DSC00358.jpg

I plan on framing it when it is finished.

Thanks for sharing...those are both great ideas! I have so many pins, and these might help me display them!:thumbsup2

Great Ideas!!! Thanks for sharing! This motivates me to get my pins out of my bags!

I love your map, MickeyWanaBe. It looks nice and big. Did you get it in the parks? I wish I could find a big one from WDW. Your pins look cute on it. :)

I love your map, MickeyWanaBe. It looks nice and big. Did you get it in the parks? I wish I could find a big one from WDW. Your pins look cute on it. :)

The map was hard to find. I also wanted a WDW one, but couldn't find one. The DL one I found was a special edition souviner map I found on eBay. I bought it a couple years ago and haven't looked recently. Good luck in your search for one and if you do find one let me know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter