Pin Trading Pins

DrunkJam

DIS Veteran
So I had a thought. I want to do some pin trading in WDW. I want to take my hat which is covered in Disney pins. All of them are genuine, and thus expensive. I would hope to be able to take them in hand luggage, but are pins too sharp?
Do they need to go in hold luggage?

I just went through Denver airport with a large PinFolio full of trading pins in December. TSA had to take them out of my backpack and look through the whole book. They showed me the xray and it just looked like a big blob to them - so they had to hand search my bag.
You shouldn't have a problem with pins being sharp, but TSA may want to take a closer look at them.

I just went through Denver airport with a large PinFolio full of trading pins in December. TSA had to take them out of my backpack and look through the whole book. They showed me the xray and it just looked like a big blob to them - so they had to hand search my bag.
You shouldn't have a problem with pins being sharp, but TSA may want to take a closer look at them.
Thank you. I suddenly thought, you know, if nail scissors are confiscated, I would be beyond upset to have these taken!

You're fine to take them, you can actually take scissors if they are a certain length or smaller and have a casing over them. They may search it. Personally, I'd probably just have it out in a separate container maybe with your shoes for TSA that way they don't waste you're time searching your whole bag.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!