Pins?

sockfaerie

Earning My Ears
Hi!
I haven't races in a few years, but I used to order pins and merchandise with my rundisney registration. I just register for the WDW race weekend and I can't find anything anywhere about ordering pins. Is that still a thing or do you have to go to the expo early and try to get them?

Hi!
I haven't races in a few years, but I used to order pins and merchandise with my rundisney registration. I just register for the WDW race weekend and I can't find anything anywhere about ordering pins. Is that still a thing or do you have to go to the expo early and try to get them?
The last race they had pre-ordering for was Princess 2022. It may be a supply chain issue, with Disney not wanting to pre-sell things they can’t deliver (we almost didn’t get our medals for Springtime Surprise!). Or it may be Disney’s way of convincing more people to join Club runDisney at the Gold or Platinum levels to get early merch access at the expo.

In short, the way to have the best chance of getting the merch you want is to be at the expo early. I did fine at Princess and Springtime Surprise showing up on the first resort bus, but some people with cars/uber get there insanely early and sit in line for hours.

Agreed. I don't usually preorder (no discounts and the extra 6.6% processing fee) but I have once or twice in the past and I would've these past race weekends when I couldn't get to the expo right at opening. I usually buy pins and a magnet for each race I run, but I missed out on a few items at the Springtime expo. It seems that Everest merch went very quickly, but I'm wondering if supply chain issues meant there were a limited amount to begin with. I've admittedly checked eBay for the items I missed (a pin and 2 magnets) but I didn't even see them listed. (I wouldn't have paid the ridiculous prices they ask for if they were there because I'm not willing to support that, but if they were I would've checked every now and then to see if the prices were lowered to retail or close enough to it.)

Agreed. I don't usually preorder (no discounts and the extra 6.6% processing fee) but I have once or twice in the past and I would've these past race weekends when I couldn't get to the expo right at opening. I usually buy pins and a magnet for each race I run, but I missed out on a few items at the Springtime expo. It seems that Everest merch went very quickly, but I'm wondering if supply chain issues meant there were a limited amount to begin with. I've admittedly checked eBay for the items I missed (a pin and 2 magnets) but I didn't even see them listed. (I wouldn't have paid the ridiculous prices they ask for if they were there because I'm not willing to support that, but if they were I would've checked every now and then to see if the prices were lowered to retail or close enough to it.)
Thanks for the information, both of you. I can understand supply chain issues, that is happening everywhere. But I wish they would allow preorder. The way they handle their merchandise is so endlessly frustrating!

Thanks for the information, both of you. I can understand supply chain issues, that is happening everywhere. But I wish they would allow preorder. The way they handle their merchandise is so endlessly frustrating!

I think the supply chain issues are why they aren't doing preorders right now. There's no guarantee that even preordered items would get there in time for the race weekend and then they'd be on the hook for shipping them to everyone who ordered, which is a very expensive proposition these days.

We got there opening day for SS at 1030 when we normally get there around this time it’s maybe a 45min-hour wait to get into merch… this time it was over two hours!!

Like you said the Everest merch was limited to I did it shirts/pins… I lucked out and caught a CM putting a few car magnets back on the shelf … the medal replica pin was $70 on eBay when I checked

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter