Pirates Ride

eatmypixiedust

<font color=blue><marquee>I'm coming to you live f
Hi,
I was wondering if DL brought back the fastpass machines for Pirates? Are the lines still long? My family and I are planning a "surprise" trip for my little sister tomorrow for her b-day. We plan to arrive early at DL and then will hit DCA. Is it slow on Monday's? I haven't been to the parks on a Monday in a long time!
Thanks in advance! :goodvibes

Last time I rode (opening week) the line started at the churro cart (near Mark Twain) and was only 25 minutes - it moves fast.

Opening day - we started at the flag pole on main street - and were inside the ride in 50 minutes. pirate:

Monday was good for us when we were there last month. POTC was never that bad line wise. Several times we walked right on to the ride. The longest we waited was maybe 20 minutes? And this was during a packed mid July day. So I doubt you'll have any problems. Have fun!

If you're going to be there early, I would suggest going on that ride first. The queue line moves pretty quickly, and you may exit to find that it is relatively empty for you to ride again. Have fun!

I'd also suggest riding it early. We were there Wed-Sat and at some point every day POTC was down for some sort of maintanence.

We never seemed to wait longer than 20 mintues. And that line looked big! But it moves quickly. We were there 7/31-8/4. On Thursday, 8/3, we were able to walk right on while Fantasmic! was going on. On Friday, 8/4, we tried that same trick, and no dice! There was a wait. But it wasn't even 15 minutes, so not too big a deal.

The FastPass machines for POTC have been gone for several years. The lines are pretty reasonable but will increase on Aug 20 when the Annual Pass blackout lifts (see www.mouseplanet.com/misc.php?pg=blackout) and the AP holders rush back to DL to ride it (they only had two days in June to ride POTC before the blackout, and the lines were reportedly insanely long).

Another thing causing long lines of late is they messed up something with the braking system when they revamped the ride and the boats keep getting stuck and causing the ride to go down way too often. See http://www.miceage.com/allutz/al071106a.htm

I was able to ride POTC with my family. We checked the board on Main St. when we arrived in the morning (around 9:30am) and the board said POTC was closed until further notice. However, when we walked passed it we saw a line of people and hopped in line. We waited about 20 minutes. When we exited the ride the line was terrible and was about an hour wait. We didn't get stuck on POTC, but the odd thing is that we got stuck on Small World, Splash Mountain (right before the big drop at the end and had to exit the ride from that scary hill!) and we got stuck in Buzz right when we boarded for about 15 minutes.

When we went to DCA, we didn't have any problems with lines except for the ferris wheel. The CM's were pissed because people didn't read the signs saying that the only lines open were for the cages that rolled and people were complaining that they wanted to get off. The ride was constantly stopped to let people off and the CM made 2 announcements that the stable cages were not open. DCA wasn't crowded but for a Monday, DL sure was crowded! I've never been to DL on a Monday and it was insane!! At 9:30am, the line at the entrance stretched all the way to the gates of DCA. Very scary!! My sibs and I got a lot of fastpasses for our entire family, so we were all happy to ride all the fast/scary rides together.

Thanks hydroguy for the fastpass info! :thumbsup2

stampinshauna said:
We went on Monday the 7th and waited about 30 minutes.

I blame Jack Sparrow...he's the new Disneyland hottie! He's attracting women from across all 4 corners of the earth! :cutie: Hopefully the lines won't be too crazy by fall/winter time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter