Pixie Dusted in SE Asia TR

Kuala Lumpur - Siem Reap

Someone came to get us and show us to our room when it was ready. We were lucky enough to have an end room on the first floor. The bedroom area was nice enough, but the bathroom was kind of weird and definitely needed a makeover.

So you don't want to hear that my DD backpacking-style place (twin bed room so like a hotel room) had by the sound of it a better ensuite bathroom then?? but no pool. They also had some fantastic meals and drinks! in Cambodia and Laos.

You saw a lot more temples than DD did though her travelling companion got tireder and felt the heat more than her. They hired a tuk tuk driver and I think spent longer than you did at some of them so over 4 (I think) days they covered less. Their arrival day they spent in the museum which they thought was well worth it as it gave a good orientation before hitting the temples. I think her favourite was Preah Khan. I see a lot of similar pics!! Still looking forward to visiting myself one day. Sorry to hear you felt unwell.

Siem Reap - Hoi An

Today I woke up feeling a little better. DH on the other hand... was not in a good way. I busied myself on facebook etc while he slept it off. Our flight wasn't until late afternoon, so there was no hurry.

About 45 minutes later we arrived at the hotel. As usual, hotel staff swooped on us to take our luggage and bring us our welcome drinks. The girls at the check in desk handed me a lovely bunch of flowers, and surprised us with a free upgrade for our anniversary :goodvibes We had booked a regular pool view room, and ended up with one of the beautiful suites on the top floor. More pixie dust!

This is probably my favourite hotel to date! The rooms were beautiful, the pool area was gorgeous, the staff were amazing, and the breakfast buffet was great! And on top of all of this, it was AMAZING value!

The hotel looks lovely and how nice you were upgraded-you really needed the pixie dust that day too! Glad DH survived - hmmm - been there before but a long while ago now - age and a hemorrhaging eye every time he vomits has brought wisdom to my boy..... We always travel with some anti-nausea drugs just in case as it gets difficult if you have to travel and you are ill - for any reason. Sorry to hear you were still feeling unwell.

Phong Nha Ke Bang National Park looks pretty amazing-added to the list! DD is away but when she's back I must show her your TR. She'll be interested to see your take on things she experienced and the areas she missed.

Catching up - I never realised the height and vastness of the Batu Caves. We missed them as had Mum and dad with us on our stopover visit and it was a bit much for them to make the trip so we stuck to more local sightseeing (Jurong Bird Park etc). We didn't get up the Towers either (hadn't pre-booked) but enjoyed looking up at them from the park at the bottom and liked the fountain show. Interesting to hear about your train trip -can you do one that leaves more earlier am so you get to see more en route rather than overnight?

I had no idea what to expect from Batu Caves either, and was pleasantly surprised :thumbsup2 There is also a day train from Singapore, which I'm keen to try one day. On this occasion we chose the overnight train as we were really pressed for time, plus it saved us a night's accommodation.

So you don't want to hear that my DD backpacking-style place (twin bed room so like a hotel room) had by the sound of it a better ensuite bathroom then?? but no pool. They also had some fantastic meals and drinks! in Cambodia and Laos.

I'm sure there are much better places to stay in Siem Reap at similar/better prices than we paid. However, even though we hardly used the pool at our hotel, I don't think I'd book anywhere without one. The heat was intense in Siem Reap.

You saw a lot more temples than DD did though her travelling companion got tireder and felt the heat more than her. They hired a tuk tuk driver and I think spent longer than you did at some of them so over 4 (I think) days they covered less. Their arrival day they spent in the museum which they thought was well worth it as it gave a good orientation before hitting the temples. I think her favourite was Preah Khan. I see a lot of similar pics!! Still looking forward to visiting myself one day. Sorry to hear you felt unwell.

I don't think I would bother to visit as many as we did, especially in such a short time. It really was a bit too much.

The hotel looks lovely and how nice you were upgraded-you really needed the pixie dust that day too! Glad DH survived - hmmm - been there before but a long while ago now - age and a hemorrhaging eye every time he vomits has brought wisdom to my boy..... We always travel with some anti-nausea drugs just in case as it gets difficult if you have to travel and you are ill - for any reason. Sorry to hear you were still feeling unwell.

Hopefully DH has learned his lesson now :rolleyes1

Hoi An looks so beautiful and definitely on the bucket list.

:thumbsup2

Phong Nha Ke Bang National Park looks pretty amazing-added to the list! DD is away but when she's back I must show her your TR. She'll be interested to see your take on things she experienced and the areas she missed.

Show away :thumbsup2

Thanks for taking the trouble to post it all!

You're welcome :goodvibes Glad you managed to find the time to read it in the end.

That dress is lovely and very good value for money. :thumbsup2

Thanks for sharing :)

Thanks! The other thing I liked about the tailoring (apart from the made to measure thing) was that you choose the material you want. Depending on what colours are in fashion, I sometimes find it hard to find clothes that I like both the style/cut and the colour/print.

Hi zanzibar! Thank you so much for sharing another wonderful trip report. You really opened my eyes to some new places I never even dreamed of, but that I now have my eye on. :) Always a pleasure reading your TRs.

Hi zanzibar! Thank you so much for sharing another wonderful trip report. You really opened my eyes to some new places I never even dreamed of, but that I now have my eye on. :) Always a pleasure reading your TRs.

Thanks CaliBear :goodvibes I hope you manage to get to some of those places while you're living in the area :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter