Plane Flight - Southwest - Atlanta to Aulani

hayesdvc

DIS Veteran
I am looking to begin my initial planning to get to Aulani next year. I am trying to plan through Southwest (I have points available).

At this time, what is the route from Atlanta I should be looking to take? Any days better than others?

TIA

You'd probably end up having to go through LAX, OAK, SEA, maybe LAS. But planning any specific routing at this time is pointless. The airlines have no idea what they are going to look like a week from now let alone anytime in the future.

Also, for direct flights to HNL on SWA, check departing from San Diego, San Jose, Sacramento, as well.

@hayesdvc Just for the heck of it I tried booking a flight on SW from ATL to HNL using their low fare finder and ran into a couple issues.

First is you can book from ATL to HNL but SW will not allow you to book the return from HNL to ATL from now until OCT. It says "Unavailable" on all dates.
Second it shows no availability either coming or going after Oct 8th.

It could be a seasonal thing and they only have flights from HNL to ATL certain seasons such as winter only from say NOV to March. You may know more on their next one or two schedule extensions.

Or it could mean you will have to book it as 3 separate one ways and spending a night in say OAK on the way back. First would be ATL to HNL and on the way back you would book say HNL to OAK on one day and then OAK to ATL the next. Or book SW there an another airline back.

I also looked at a week in Sept and every routing goes from ATL-OAK-HNL as an FYI

IIRC when SW announced their Hawaii service they said they would be flying non-stop from the west coast only and I believe they currently fly non-stop only from OAK, San Jose, Sacramento, and San Diego (added recently) to Hawaii. They also said not every city pair would be available for booking. For example you can not book from BOS, LGA or PHL to HNL so there service in limited.

We fly from Buffalo and when I looked into flights to Honolulu on Southwest, it told me no routes available. Apparently they aren't pairing together segments with two layovers for flights to Honolulu. Typically, we layover in Chicago or Baltimore on Southwest, but I believe they are only flying to Honolulu from west coast cities. So, I would have to book three separate flights like PP mentioned - Buffalo to BWI or MDW, then from there to OAK or San Jose, then to Honolulu. It was not worth the time, hassle, or money for me. Instead, we booked Delta - which has a great nonstop flight from Atlanta to Honolulu

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter