Planning Feb solo trip

suevee

<font color=red>I am in a frenzy!<br><font color=r
Will I need to do advance ressies for restaurants during first two weeks in February or can I just wing It? I would like some nice meals but I don't want to over plan this trip. How much planning would you do?

I plan my meals even when I go solo. Places do get fully booked and don't take walk ups.

Some places you could eat at the bar if you want (Like Yak N Yeti at AK) but I've even found it hard to get seats at bars because they are full up too.

Advanced reservations are always advised, but you would probably do fine if you just did it the day before, or even maybe the day of. You don't necessarily need to do it too far in advanced. I've had good luck getting reservations on short notice.

I’m planning to go solo for a week shortly before you are. At this point, I have only made two ADRs for restaurants where I know I want to eat. The rest I am going to play by ear. If I decide I want a table service meal while I’m there, I will check to see what is available and book an ADR then. I am normally an obsessive planner, though, so my ADR strategy is subject to change . . . .

I would make ADRs for the places that I really want to eat at. Everything else play by ear. Even when traveling with my family we usually only make a couple of must do ADRs and the rest of the time we go with the flow. Cheers!!!!!!!!!

Hi fellow solo Feb traveler! I'm planning on being there Feb 10th-15th. I've made myself a bunch of dining reservations b/c there's a bunch of places that I've been wanting to try and this is my best chance in a while to try them out. I figure if I decide I really don't want to do one/some of them then I can cancel if I need to, but I'd rather have the reservation in place. I know the one I am DEFINITELY not giving up though - the California Grill Brunch at the Top - oh man does that look delish! Lol

Hi fellow solo Feb traveler! I'm planning on being there Feb 10th-15th. I've made myself a bunch of dining reservations b/c there's a bunch of places that I've been wanting to try and this is my best chance in a while to try them out. I figure if I decide I really don't want to do one/some of them then I can cancel if I need to, but I'd rather have the reservation in place. I know the one I am K not giving up though - the California Grill Brunch at the Top - oh man does that look delish! Lol
OK. Definitely checking this out. May start my trip with this.

Will I need to do advance ressies for restaurants during first two weeks in February or can I just wing It? I would like some nice meals but I don't want to over plan this trip. How much planning would you do?
Some restaurants you can get ressies day before and even day of if you aren't too specific with your desired times. Some fill up right away.

Which restaurants are "must-do" for you?

Some restaurants you can get ressies day before and even day of if you aren't too specific with your desired times. Some fill up right away.

Which restaurants are "must-do" for you?
Right now I am just not sure. I do know no character buffets. In June I was very disappointed in Boma and Tusker House. The first because of food the second because of crowded seating.

When you decide maybe we can help. This Sept (13 to 20) I found openings at BOG four out of the seven days. A few places just never became available - 'Ohana, Boma, California Grill, Garden Grill. End of Jan this year (2018) we found opening at several "hard to get" places during our stay - there were three of us - including Garden Grill.

I would do an ADR for anyplace you have your heart set on. Some, like BoG, won't take walk ups of any kind. As long as it's not around Valentine's Day, and you are flexible with your times, I think you'll be surprised at how many off time seats you'll find. ( like 430p vs. 6p )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!