What week would be best?

• November 16-20 2021

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • December 7-11 2021

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

Purerockfury1

Mouseketeer
We are planning our toddler’s first trip next year! We can’t do much in the way of planning this early but we are able to request work off and at least block out a week.

I know things are different now with Covid, but historically, which week would be best?

We want to see the holiday decor and hope to avoid a super crowded week if possible

A few things to keep in mind:
Will the reservation system still be in place for either of those weeks? No one really knows, especially since the parks haven't even reopened yet, but that will make a big difference in the definition of a "super crowded week." With the system in place, the capacity limit for each park will be different than it would be without it.
If you are choosing a week without the possibility of the reservation system, November tends to be less crowded -- crowds build the closer you get to the actual holiday dates -- but some things don't start to happen until after Thanksgiving, e.g. Candy Cane making dates. If you only want general holiday atmosphere and decorations, Nov. dates should be fine.
Keep up with these boards, especially the Official DLR Reopening Superthread, to stay informed about all the news, changes, announcements, etc. when the parks reopen!

Early December dates are also not terrible. As long as kids are mostly in school, you should be okay, and, with a toddler, missing school won't be a problem for you.

November is a wonderful time to visit, but steer clear of Thanksgiving if crowds are an issue. Disneyland gets a bit more crowded later in December, culminating in a packed Christmas and New Years, but even then I've gone and enjoyed myself using maxpass. I would recommend early December as everything is a bit less crowded, but still very Christmas-y. Weekdays are also preferable.

I'd do December primarily because even though holiday decorations are up in November, more are added in as time goes on - at least that's what it looks like to me.

For me, the shorter daylight hours tend to make me very cold at Disneyland in the evenings, but there won't be much difference in daylight between those two weeks. Whatever you decide, I hope the trip works out for you.

we are wanting to go next year too, either mid november or the first week of december. I want to make sure there are holiday fireworks and the holiday parade; and holiday WOC.

I am not sure if it'll happen though...my family doesn't want to go if mask wearing is still mandatory. I could do it for sure, I am a nurse and wear a mask and a face shield 13 hours a day. Butmy family just isn't used to it like I am.

I hope there will be a vaccine this negating the need for mandatory mask wearing, but who knows!

If they are able to have it, the first week of December weekend they have the Christmas reading with choir,poor memory here, but someone will pipe in with the name. Hard for the toddler but if they can stay late you usually could walk up and and watch the last one. ( the early time is a zoo best to be avoided). It is after the Thanksgiving crowds, but before the winter vacation and Christmas holiday where it can get really crowded. As everyone said, who knows because at this point they may be just opening...any activity like breakfast with Santa and tea will be distant ed because early November they won't have all the decorations and activities up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!