Planning for October

Moogy35

Earning My Ears
Hi there, first of all apologies if this is in the wrong place.

We (family of four with two boys age 12 &15) are at the very early planning stage for a trip this October. My partner and I have been to Orlando several times pre kids but I know loads of things are different now.

I'm really just looking for suggestions on areas to stay in and I can start to narrow it down. I think we'd spend more time at Universal so it would make sense to stay closer to there I think? I don't want a hotel room, ideally 2 bed suite or similar. We haven't decided on whether or not to hire a car yet so I guess this affects the decision too.

My brain is pickled enough looking at flights!

Thank you

Firstly if you're planning on this October book asap!

I haven't stayed "close" to Uni before but Wyndham Bonnet creek is a favourite and is highly recommended by lots of others on here. Its near Disney Springs and has lots of amenities.
Somewhere cheaper is Grand Villas in Lake Beuna Vista we always used to stay there, although it's nice it doesn't have as many amenities as WBC and is an older resort but still lovely!

I would recommend hiring a car if you are staying offsite as it gives you the freedom to come and go as you please :)

Happy planning!

We've stayed at Cabana Bay when we want to be near Universal, reasonable priced, two nice pools & 5 min bus rid to universal.

If you're staying off site and want to do both Universal and Disney I'd strongly recommend a car. We did it once without and didn't enjoy it. We tried the local transport but ended up resorting to taxis as it was so inconvenient. Our favourite off site is the Homewood Suites on International Drive. I'd definitely be booking now for October.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!