• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Planning Help for May/June 2024

Jack Kerouac

DIS Veteran
My wife and I are traveling to WDW with our three boys, ages 9, 6, 4 from May 28 through June 5. For the first four nights, we are staying in a 2BR at BRV with my parents. After that, my parents will leave and we will transfer to PVB for four nights in a lake view studio. For the first two nights at PVB, we are hosting another family of ten in two PVB standards. FWIW, my boys are on the taller side and love thrilling attractions.

Our current plan is as follows:

5/28: Arrive at MCO at 9:10am; arrive at BRV around 11:00; go to MK or AK; my parents arrive later and will just stay at the resort
5/29: MK; dinner at LTT with our family and my parents
5/30: Chef Mickey’s for breakfast; we go to DHS; my parents go to EPCOT
5/31: MK; my parents and our boys eat breakfast at Whispering Canyon Cafe; my wife and I head to MK for Keys to the Kingdom; we all meet up at MK in the afternoon; dinner at Story Book Dining
6/1: my parents depart; our friends arrive; we transfer to PVB; MK with our friends
6/2: EPCOT with our friends; Via Napoli for dinner with our friends
6/3: our friends depart; AK
6/4: DHS
6/5: MK; depart for MCO and fly home

We are trying to figure out the following:
Is MK the best park the day of arrival? We did a similar type arrival day in February with EPCOT and it wasn’t great, but it was also a Saturday. On the same trip, our departure day park was AK and the boys enjoyed it.
On 6/4, do we stay at DHS for the full day, hit EPCOT for dinner and fireworks, hit MK for dinner and fireworks, or head to PVB for dinner from a pool bar, swimming, and fireworks?
If DHS, which restaurant and why?
If EPCOT, which restaurant and why?
If MK, which restaurant and why?

TIA!!

If I'm going to do a park on arrival day, it's either MK because there's more attractions to do or I'm wandering the world showcase.

I really don't like much of the table service in magic kingdom. So I wouldn't go out of my way to eat dinner there.

I would probably leave the 4th flexible and see where you're at. Honestly when we stayed at Poly, my kids were ecstatic to eat dinner at the pool bar and spend the evening at the pool. I hate rushing around on departure day, so I'd be inclined to just head back to the resort and take it easy while you slowly pack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter