Planning Trip with Older Teens

Emmyfaye

Mouseketeer
I'd appreciate everyone's suggestions for making our 2003 trip to WDW special for our two DD', aged 15 and 19.

We've done the Mouse on a number of occasions, and while every little thing is still special to me (I decided, a number of years ago, to never grow up), on our last vacation to WDW, the girls found things not to be so special as on previous trips.

Additionally, DH never did find WDW as thrilling as me.

Your help to try to inject enthusiasm in this crowd would be appreciated!

what do they like - thrill rides - then the ToT, R&RR, SM (Both Splash and Space), BTM, Test TRack.

however if they really like thrill rides take them to IOA at Universal.

meeting guys then WDW is not a great place - look around DD.

Now that's a good suggestion - they do love thrill rides, and perhaps it's time to give up some of my precious WDW for IOA... (or maybe I can just send them with their Dad, and I will spend a blissful day alone at MK or Epcot...

Any other ideas?

19 years old is really a young adult. You could send the younger child with the 19 year old, too. You and Dad could enjoy WDW just the two of you.

Sounds like a plan to me :)

Get 'em fake IDs.

Hey, it would've made me very enthusiastic way back when I was a teenager.;)

Well, not the fake ID really - Mom can't be seen as aiding and abetting the deliquency of a minor (although I would have been in favour of it, when I was that age- LOL!).

For whatever reason, whenever I think of WDW, I think of us as a group of four - but eldest DD is very responsible and they would probably really enjoy a day by themselves!

How about a girls day? Manicures at one of the spas?

I agree about maybe splitting up, at least part of the time. This way Mom and Dad can go enjoy Pleasure Island and maybe the girls can go enjoy Disney Quest?

Our ds (18) still comes with us on every trip. He's our only child, so he brings a friend with. They go off on their own most of the time, but usually meet up with us for dinner.

They usually hit the parks in the mornings and hang out at the pool (Dolphin) in the afternoons. Then in the evenings, after dinner, they like to go to the West Side and walk around.

He also likes Disney Quest and the ESPN Club!

On our upcoming November trip, I honestly don't expect to see my boys (15 & 16) except at a few meals and after Disney Quest closes at night.

We have decided to let them go where they want and when they want as long as they meet up with us for certain meals and answer their cell phone when we call. (Or at least call us back within 30 minutes) I know they have to turn the phones off in attractions.

I agree w/splitting up. It will be a whole new experience for them.

IOA would definitely lighten things up too. I always thought Universal Studios was lame, but I just LOVE IOA.

My sis and I will be heading down to WDW with our two 17-y-o nieces over the holidays. We're going to split up for parts of the day and come together for meals. Our one condition is that they remain in the same park that we're in, and we'll stay in contact with two-way radios. It's not that we don't trust THEM, it's the guys in the crowds that we're not so sure about. :rolleyes: The girls are totally fine with the plan. It gives them some freedom in a relatively safe way.

On our last trip together to WDW, my 16 year DS and I went on the Keys to the Kingdom tour. My child is not easily impressed, but he really enjoyed the tour. Maybe your girls would be interested in getting a behind the scenes look at the World.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter