Platinum Plus Passes from last year's promotion

alisonslp

DIS Veteran
I was searching for when these passes need to be activated and found the answer on this forum (dec 31, 2018) but when I was looking on MDE site, it is showing they are valid through 12/31/2030. Could this just be an error or possibly the exp date for transferring the value to another pass?

You are just looking at what the computer automatically does for any new AP. I do not think it even has anything to do with transfer of value but is just a date the program requires for anything that usually has no end date and is 2030 now (and has been for several years) simply because the computer has not been programmed yet to show any later date. You still must activate the particular AP pass you have by end of 2018. Another example: if you buy a renewal AP before your current one expires, the computer will show the same 2030 date until the date when your old pass expires.

Last edited:
Just to clarify: you have until the end of the year to activate your voucher as a Platinum Plus Pass, after that you can apply the amount you paid to buy another AP. So after 12/31 you won't loose your money, you will have just to settle for a lower tier pass or pay the difference to upgrade it.

and does this mean that if you have a FEB 28th ,2019 expiration dateon your tickets that you can also pay the difference if you don't use it by FEb 28, 2019?

I don’t think anyone has actually experienced an expiration on an AP yet. While the policy was that the AP needed to be activated by the end of the year, we frequently see differences between stated policy and the actual implementation of the policy. It might be a gamble, but I’d say you’ve got a pretty good chance of activating the AP at any point in the future. I doubt the 12/31/18 date will be enforced in any way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!