Please help me, faded colors on transfer paper??

Michelle2

Visited every Disney park in the world :)
Hi, I had to post a new thread because I needed help ASAP, we leave tomorrow... :cool1:
I read all the FAQ, but my transfer paper does not have grids or lines on it?
I printed on the side I can feel the adhesive on and not the smooth paper side right??
And once I printed it, the colors did not come out as vibrant as the original at all! I did a sample one, and the colors were fine. But when it printed on the transfer paper, it was very muted. Is this how all the t shirt designs come out, or is it the brand of transfer paper I am using??

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :teeth:

Michelle2 said:
Hi, I had to post a new thread because I needed help ASAP, we leave tomorrow... :cool1:
I read all the FAQ, but my transfer paper does not have grids or lines on it?
I printed on the side I can feel the adhesive on and not the smooth paper side right??
And once I printed it, the colors did not come out as vibrant as the original at all! I did a sample one, and the colors were fine. But when it printed on the transfer paper, it was very muted. Is this how all the t shirt designs come out, or is it the brand of transfer paper I am using??

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :teeth:

Did you set the printer to transfer paper or best photo quality? Sometimes I think they look muted but then on the shirt it seems fine - unless it is really bad!!

what brand of transfer paper do you have?

It says it is "Artisan's Choice" transfer paper.
So it does seem muted, but when it is ironed out it is better??

And my printer does not have a transfer paper option, (I don't think, but will check now) but I did have it on the best setting.

Did I print it out on the right side? Not the smooth side, but the other one?

Michelle2 said:
It says it is "Artisan's Choice" transfer paper.
So it does seem muted, but when it is ironed out it is better??

And my printer does not have a transfer paper option, (I don't think, but will check now) but I did have it on the best setting.

Did I print it out on the right side? Not the smooth side, but the other one?

Unfortunately I don't know about your type of paper... but what I have learned is that EVERYONE needs a practice t-shirt. Each of us has at least one goof up, no matter how good the tips are. I would try to iron this one on, and you'll have your answer. Just keep good notes, and then keep the notes with the transfer paper. The reason I say that is that I've used three different kinds of paper and each one has different directions. I depend on my own notes to make sure I do it right!

I found out the problem...it was the wrong kind of transfer paper. That is the only one Michael's had, and the one the employee led me to, so I am not too happy. I found the right kind at Office Depot. I would have thought of iron on t-shirts to be at more craft stores, but so glad I found it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter