Please help me to understand...

wheredreamsbegin

DIS Veteran
We are currently waitlisted for a standard view studio at BWV at the end of August. I was hopeful that it would go through when I noticed that the WDW website is showing availability of a standard view studio (which was not the case two days ago when we were waitlisted). Is there any correlation between availability on the WDW site and Member Services?

Thanks!

nope. cash rooms are from a different inventory than points rooms.

generally, when someone trades their pts for a cruise, DVC needs to turn those pts into cash to pay the cruise division. so that cash room may already be booked on a DVC's members pts in an attempt to get the cash to pay the other disney division...which means you cannot use your pts to book it again on pts.

Standard and Boardwalk view rooms are tough to get on a waitlist because there are so few of them. They're the quickest to go, and are a prime example of when the home resort booking period really does come into play. Continue to cross your fingers and hope for pixie dust, but resign yourself to the strong possibility that your waitlist won't come through.

As previously stated, inventory that's available to be booked for cash is completely separate from what's available on points. Once a room has been turned over to CRO, there's little to no chance that it will be pulled back into points inventory. Your waitlist will only be fulfilled if another member cancels a booking for the same room size/view/dates.

We are currently waitlisted for a standard view studio at BWV at the end of August. I was hopeful that it would go through when I noticed that the WDW website is showing availability of a standard view studio (which was not the case two days ago when we were waitlisted). Is there any correlation between availability on the WDW site and Member Services?

Thanks!

For cash reservations through Disney Reservation Center, what we call preferred/non-BW view in DVC-speak, is what they call standard. Not the same as standard booked on points.

For cash reservations through Disney Reservation Center, what we call preferred/non-BW view in DVC-speak, is what they call standard. Not the same as standard booked on points.

I have a standard view points stay booked, but we will arrive at WDW one night early. There are no standard points rooms available for our (new) first night. I would be okay paying cash, if there was a decent chance we could stay in the same room, but it sounds like this is likely not the case. As I understand it cash standard view usually equals preferred points view, is that correct?

I have a room at a value booked for the first night right now, which will be fine as we are arriving in the evening and heading off to a park in the morning, but the idea of potentially getting settled right away is tempting.

Thanks for any insights:)

I have a standard view points stay booked, but we will arrive at WDW one night early. There are no standard points rooms available for our (new) first night. I would be okay paying cash, if there was a decent chance we could stay in the same room, but it sounds like this is likely not the case. As I understand it cash standard view usually equals preferred points view, is that correct?

I have a room at a value booked for the first night right now, which will be fine as we are arriving in the evening and heading off to a park in the morning, but the idea of potentially getting settled right away is tempting.

Thanks for any insights:)

You can't book a points standard view or points BW view for cash. You would have to move. For cash (either through DVC or DRC) you would get the preferred/water/pool view.

You can't book a points standard view or points BW view for cash. You would have to move. For cash (either through DVC or DRC) you would get the preferred/water/pool view.

Thanks, that's what I was thinking. We'll stick with the value for the first night then, and put the savings towards a nice meal or something:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter