Please help with Disney Cruise choices

Kara19840

Earning My Ears
Hi. I would really like to do a Disney Cruise in 2019. Our preference would be the Caribbean or Bahamas however we are restricted to going in school holidays/ breaks. This then adds for example 3k if flying end of August.

We would like a 7 night cruise.
When would be the cheapest school holiday to fly out there?

Alternatively, should we save on the flight price and do a Western European or Mediterranean Cruise although these look more expensive so won't be saving that much overall?

Is there a better way of experiencing the Disney Cruise during school holidays?

Any advice would be great. Thanks

We always go Feb half term, combining 5/6 nights at WDW with a 7/8 night cruise (not DCL for the last 3 years). We take DS out of school for the week after half term - it's too far to go for just 1 week!

We always travel to Orlando at the end of August. We quite often add a cruise to that. Most UK schools go back first week of September so we usually book the last possible cruise that means we can get back for school starting. Then we add a week or so at WDW/Universal beforehand - we work our flights around that, booking whatever turns out to be the cheapest. In August 2019 we are doing a 7 night Caribbean starting 24th August.

I’ve been looking at the same dilemma. I’m the teacher so no option to take an extra few days on a holiday and I have to be back for A level results so the cheaper end of August doesn’t work for me at all. We actually booked the Med cruise on Sunday but the cheapest US option I could find was Miami in April, much cheaper than the Port Canaveral cruises.

We have booked for last week of Aug and 1st Week sept, Our kids will miss the first 2-3 days back.... "Settling in period" - Doubt they will miss that much.... Doing week in Orlando/Disney then week on the Halloween Cruise around Caribbean!

Thi is our 2nd Cruise the year, we took the kids out of school for 2 weeks in Jan, We did 2 weeks in Orlando/Disney but did a 3 day cruise in the middle (Dream)

Have you you thought about doing a European week instead? They are within the summer holidays next year. The med cruises are port intensive but you don't have to do something everywhere.
Alternatively, Easter might work as you could sale from Miami.
We've done a 7 night Caribbean cruise in December & it was so nice to have the heat at the end of the year.
The sooner you book the cheaper it will be. The opening day prices are the best for the cruise, the more they book up, the more expensive they get.

Depending on which education authority you live in Easter could prove to be your cheapest. Some authorities don't actually have their holidays over the actual Easter weekend. My school always has the first two weeks in April regardless of when Easter falls. Last year we had two weeks in Orlando and flew home on Good Friday as I was due back in school the day after Easter Monday.

For our first cruise we also booked an inside cabin which reduces the price by hundreds. We then booked balconies for future cruises but there are ways to make the holiday more economical.

We are looking to book a Disney cruise and stay for July 2019. (first ever cruise)
I'm getting conflicting information from different travel agents, some say all Disney transfers are included in the price, some say not.
Some say all cruise gratuities are included in the price, some say not.
Any advice or experiences you would like to share ?

Hi. I would really like to do a Disney Cruise in 2019. Our preference would be the Caribbean or Bahamas however we are restricted to going in school holidays/ breaks. This then adds for example 3k if flying end of August.

We would like a 7 night cruise.
When would be the cheapest school holiday to fly out there?

Alternatively, should we save on the flight price and do a Western European or Mediterranean Cruise although these look more expensive so won't be saving that much overall?

Is there a better way of experiencing the Disney Cruise during school holidays?

Any advice would be great. Thanks
I recommend finding a reasonably priced European Disney cruise. Some of them cost less than a week in the Caribbean on the Fantasy. For us Americans, a big part of the cost is just getting to the European port, but that price would be minimal for you.

We are looking to book a Disney cruise and stay for July 2019. (first ever cruise)
I'm getting conflicting information from different travel agents, some say all Disney transfers are included in the price, some say not.
Some say all cruise gratuities are included in the price, some say not.
Any advice or experiences you would like to share ?
Neither transfers nor gratuities are included in the cruise cost. You can choose to prepay both of those before the cruise, however.

Thanks for the reply,
I have booked POFQ 10 day and 4 day cruise on Disney Dream. 4 adults and a six year old.
Any advice, tips or recommendations ?

Thanks for the reply,
I have booked POFQ 10 day and 4 day cruise on Disney Dream. 4 adults and a six year old.
Any advice, tips or recommendations ?

that sounds like a very nice holiday...
i've been on the disney dream twice and enjoyed it both times!!
i'm sure you'll have a lovely time!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter