Please release a sampler of Magic Candle Scents

limitdis

Mouseketeer
I want to buy alot of family members magic candle scents for christmas. But without being able to smell all the scents, I'm just picking blindly. Would it be possible to create a sheet with scratch and sniff areas with all the scents? Maybe charge a couple bucks for it? That would be really helpful.
Also, are all the scents based off the smells they are named after or are one of the scents just original scents that are inspired by the names? In other words, is Orleans really based off of what Port Orleans, resort smells like or is it just a made up scent? Is Terror really based off of Tower of Terror, or is it just an original scent created by Magic Candle?

I second this. I blindly purchased from another Disney candle scent maker company as a gift for my sister, and she said the smell was too strong for her.

I am liking the wax melts better than the candles. Maybe there could be a wax melt sampler pack. It could be sold in grouping by parks, or hotels.

I need to stay off these boards! Just bought $100 worth of stuff I didn't need :) I tried to buy scents I knew would smell good and then added a couple of fun ones just to see (like Haunted Mansion).

Can't wait to try the shower melts!

I almost bought the Haunted Mansion candle (to go with the HM Game of Life and puzzle I got...I’m all about themes), but I thought the price of the candle + shipping was too much since I don’t know if I would actually like it. I’m all for a sampler pack!

I am liking the wax melts better than the candles. Maybe there could be a wax melt sampler pack. It could be sold in grouping by parks, or hotels.
@DisneyCrazyX5 - I tried the Magic Candle essential oils, and diffuser awhile back, and either didn't care for the scents I got, or found that the diffuser didn't put out enough scent for me. I am new to the world of wax melts, but am enjoying it. I find that my favorites have been ones that are advertised as "heavily scented", or are that way.

Can you let me know which Magic Candle melts you've tried that you think have the heaviest/most intense/biggest "throw" scents that you'd recommend? Of course the ones that smell good at the same time! :rotfl2: I should also mention I do NOT want anything that smells like food - so Bakery Shop, or Mickey Waffles, etc. is out - I have enough of a hard time keeping a lid on my eating habits, I DON'T need a wax melt making me extra hangry! :)

I'd love to give the company, and the scents, a 2nc chance, and I, to, would LOVE if they'd come out with a melts sampler pack!

Last edited:
I should also mention I do NOT want anything that smells like food - so Bakery Shop, or Mickey Waffles, etc. is out

Yeah you really do not want Mickey Waffles. Even the air freshener is heavily scented.
I liked Vero Beach so much, I bought a candle for our beach-themed bathroom.

Yeah you really do not want Mickey Waffles. Even the air freshener is heavily scented.
I liked Vero Beach so much, I bought a candle for our beach-themed bathroom.
Thanx, I'll have to add Vero Beach to my "try" list. I see they do offer a "pick 4 scents" melt option. It's a bit pricey at around $30, but hopefully will be worth it. The diffusers and oils I bought weren't cheap either, but thank goodness I found people to give them to that really appreciate them, when I didn't want them.

As I haven't been to a Disney park since 2013...a sampler would be nice because I do want to support them.

Unless someone can recommend me something that smells similar to Bath and Body Works' White Gardenia or White Pumpkin or Winter!

@DisneyCrazyX5 - I tried the Magic Candle essential oils, and diffuser awhile back, and either didn't care for the scents I got, or found that the diffuser didn't put out enough scent for me. I am new to the world of wax melts, but am enjoying it. I find that my favorites have been ones that are advertised as "heavily scented", or are that way.

Can you let me know which Magic Candle melts you've tried that you think have the heaviest/most intense/biggest "throw" scents that you'd recommend? Of course the ones that smell good at the same time! :rotfl2: I should also mention I do NOT want anything that smells like food - so Bakery Shop, or Mickey Waffles, etc. is out - I have enough of a hard time keeping a lid on my eating habits, I DON'T need a wax melt making me extra hangry! :)

I'd love to give the company, and the scents, a 2nc chance, and I, to, would LOVE if they'd come out with a melts sampler pack!

I love Beach Club, Norway, Pirates Life the best so far. African Lodge the wilderness ones seem similar to me, both are campfirey, Flying over Africa is good, it smells like spring and mowing grass to me. Japan and the Polynesian are both milder scents, but nice. Rome Burning smells like a fire and France is a bit too sweet-smelling to me.

I love Beach Club, Norway, Pirates Life the best so far. African Lodge the wilderness ones seem similar to me, both are campfirey, Flying over Africa is good, it smells like spring and mowing grass to me. Japan and the Polynesian are both milder scents, but nice. Rome Burning smells like a fire and France is a bit too sweet-smelling to me.
@DisneyCrazyX5 - Thanx for your descriptions, and reviews. I know when I tried the diffuser, I tried Rome Burning, and it was too "smoky" (and not in a pleasant way) for me, and I did not like Pirates Life at ALL - sorry, but smelled like a dank sewer to me. I also thought Haunted had a very heavy, cloying, dank smell to me - definitely reminded me of somewhere spirits might hang out - but not in a good way. :)

I think I'm going to do the "4 pack sampler" and do Vero (based on @Lisgistix's recommendation) , Norway (based on your recommendation), Castaway Cruise (based on Pete's always talking about the air freshener), and Polynesian (as one I like the sounds of, I like floral - but not too cloyingly sweet - and bamboo). Still wish they had a sampler pack of the melts, or at least a "Top 10 Favorites" like they do in the oils.

Last edited:
I can't win, I'm a sucker. I decided to also try Yacht Resort, Seasalt & H2O, Tiki Terrace, and Orleans. :o I will admit part of what changed my mind into splurging was the Disney Info discount. :)

Hopefully I'll find SOMETHING in all these that I like, and that has a nice scent that's strong enough for me.

Last edited:
Polynesian is the best non-bakery scent that is very strong 👍
Awesome, @Stigsmom - thanx for letting me know. It was one of the essential oils I tried, and I vaguely remember liking it.

And I LOVE your Bing Bong avatar - don't see much of him!

What a great idea!

I've bought a few that have been down right nasty to my nose (Winnie the Pooh and Space Mountain come to mind). But others have been great! It'd be nice to sample them without throwing down the full $$$

My order just delivered! I got lucky that everything i picked smells great. I agree that a sampler would be great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!