Please share your reviews/experiences at Ale and Compass

Dee McGee

Follower Since 2016
Please share your reviews/experiences at Ale and Compass since the refurb.

We went last week and loved it. Wife had the seafood boil, daughter had the short ribs, and I had the steak, all good. We had some great wines and split the chocolate cake for dessert which was fantastic. My only regret was we should have tried the parker house rolls for the appetizer. Service was great, food was delicious, and we stayed at yacht club so it was easy as well.

We had lunch here a few weeks ago and enjoyed it. The Parker house rolls were so good and our server recommended we keep the spreads for our entrees. However, the rolls filled us up and we should have split an entree! I had the turkey sandwich and it was very good. I ended up deconstructing it to just eat the turkey. I think my husband had the burger and he liked it. He really liked the margarita he had (it was national margarita day)!

We use to eat here all the time for breakfast, but this was our first time for lunch. We would go back. It is definitely more formal than before.

I ate here in January and really liked it. I'd definitely eat here again. The roasted garlic shrimp appetizer was great. Hubs had the fried chicken and waffles. He liked it, but would have preferred the chicken coating to be crisper. It was a really big portion of chicken. I had the four-cheese ravioli, and it was delicious! It was so rich that it reminded me of a dessert.

I think we also had the spicy pomegranate margarita and the maple old fashioned. Pretty sure I liked the maple old fashion better than the margarita.

I appreciated that the menu here has several options for those that don't want meat in every dish. I limit the amount of meat I eat, and often at WDW restaurants that means that there will be one option to choose from (or that's what it feels like to me), but at Ale and Compass I had several choices.

I also liked the atmosphere of the dining room. It's dimly lit, and is decorated in navy upholstery and gold fixtures. We were sat in a spacious corner booth. Too many times at WDW my hubs and I are sat at some tiny two-top next to a high traffic area, like the servers prep station, which really lessens my enjoyment of the meal. So I enjoyed the table location here a lot.

I don't really post much, but wanted to voice my enjoyment of this place since it doesn't seem to be getting much notice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter