Please share your underwater camera suggestions here!

disneyfan551

Focusing on the FIGHT and not the FRIGHT! 🟠🙏
Hi all! Throughout the years, I have bought many water cameras for my Disney trips and am thinking about buying a new one. My luck, my current one (Canon, can't remember the style, but it's electric blue) stopped working during my Disney trip last July. :sad: I thought I would ask here first, since I trust my fellow DISer's, rather than a photography site. What do you have...do you like it? Feel free to post pix that you've shot. I want something for clear, sharp pix, since I will go to Disney next month and cruise in the Summer. Thanks for your help!!

Was discussing this the other day and did some reading about it. What's your budget? It seems the Oly TG-5 is highly ranked as a ruggedized P&S. Lots of info on DPReview on these. Your other choice (my pref) is to buy a pro body and lens combo that are waterproof ($2-4K).

We love our GoPro. We have the Hero4 Silver and it's been great. Took it on a cruise and to Hawaii. You have to get over the fisheye thing but if you edit in Lightroom then it will correct some of that.

The big downside is the battery doesn't last last long. I carry two extras.
GPExportPhoto-0002.jpg GOPR0801.jpg GOPR0818-1.jpg

ETA: We got ours on Craigslist (or maybe Facebook marketplace) and were able to buy a fully-functional used model for $100 less than new.

Thanks for the suggestions! I will take a look at them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter