Please stop bringing in your fake service dogs! The Asphalt is SCALDING!

We just returned and once again we saw people with little poof dogs and regular dogs with no service dog tags, no service dog identifiers, walking around, paws unprotected, in the parks where the asphalt was as hot as the heat of 10,000 angry suns! Those poor dogs!!!

We saw one blind gentleman with a service dog and the dog was wearing protective booties. I thanked him for protecting his dog's feet and he commented that well of course he did, the asphalt was hot!

Seriously. If you can't put your face on the asphalt and leave it there for five seconds, please don't bring your pets to the parks. I'm so over the fake-service-dogs-I-want-to-bring-my-pet-because-I'm-special people.

Do what the rest of us responsible dog owners do and pay for a sitter or great kennel. Stop burning the feet of your dogs. Black pavement hits 140 degrees on a 90+ degree day in the afternoon and that is enough to sustain burns and permanent scarring after ONE minute!

Okay, rant over. Trying to forget what I saw this week. :worried:
I ABSOLUTELY AGREE WITH YOUR RANT!!!!!!!!!!!

Definitely use the booties. we have them for ice and heat. We do not have to have a vest if we chose not to. It can get hot under the vest. We are planning a trip and we may actually send the SD to advanced training while we go to WDW. (yes a handler can be away from their SD or mini if protocols are set in place) Boyfriend wants to try without her and it could just be too hot for her shes a Belgian. I will be with my Boyfriend and be there for him if he needs help. We were not worried about the crowds or sounds She navigates that well, shes sat through large and loud firework shows with out a problem.

Real handlers would never ever put their sd on a table and feed it.

Any sized dog can and are service dogs. Lets not forget the minis.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter