• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Please tell me I'm wrong

Amen!!! I agree - best investment for our lifestyle. We now vacation together and have fun and money cannot ever buy the memories.

You may be able to find rooms at some really great deals, but it is not guaranteed. I am a Disney Store Cast Member and am able to book rooms at up to 50% off. I take advantage of this on Fridays and Saturdays and then use points Sun-Thursday. Who knows how long I will be a CM for Disney, as I work a full-time job too, but this one perk saves me a lot of money. Even with getting rooms now at up to 50% I considered DVC a great enough value to purchase. When staying on property, I usually choose the moderates or the AllStars, and when you go from the moderates to even a Studio at OKW, you can really tell the difference. Having the fridge and microwave saves a lot of money on snacks and drinks. Having a kitchen in the larger units will save tons of money if you take advantage of it. Not to mention having the luxury of being able to wash clothes without taking an afternoon out of your vacation to do it.

You cannot imagine the smile on my face when I checked out of OKW the first time and my total bill for the stay was $0.35 for a telephone call. Yes, I know I have paid for it in the long run, but to not shell it out while on vacation was a big plus for me. No sticker shock.

DVC is not right for everyone, but I can only echo what so many have said on this Board already. I only wish I had bought as soon as it was available. Just glad I bought when I did.

Good luck with your decision.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter