PLEASE VOTE re: Kona Cafe and Boma

Kona and Boma for Dinner/Breakfast

• Kona for Dinner and Boma for Breakfast

• Boma for Dinner and Kona for Breakfast

• Either way is still yummy!

Results are only viewable after voting.

kandmwedding

Lover of all things Potato Head
Currently we have PS for dinner at Kona Cafe the night of our arrival and breakfast at Boma the day we depart. I've been hearing tons of good things about Kona's breakfast and Boma's dinner though, and am wondering if we should switch the two. I orignally chose Kona in the evening hoping we'd catch the fireworks on our way out, but am not too concerned about this. Which would you do?

I would go with Boma for breakfast and Kona Cafe for dinner, myself. We've done Boma for dinner and Kona Cafe for breakfast, and while I thought they were both solidly good, I thought Boma's breakfast was excellent, much better than the dinner. And the Kona Cafe's dinner sounds great - I have to try a Kiddie Cone sometime soon.

Tonga Toast at breakfast, Boma buffet for dinner.::yes::

tonga toast and press pot coffee.:bounce:..........what a way to start the morning off right. Boma for dinner............yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Have never been to Kona, but we're planning on breakfast PS for upcoming Sept. trip. We loved Boma's dinner buffet so much, we did it twice on a seven-day trip last August. The food is interesting, the soups are excellent, and there's plenty to choose from. You'll love it!

You have it backwards!!!
It should be the Kona Cafe for breakfast! Treat yourself to the real Kona coffee in the special pot and the "Tonga toast" (my DH special favorite) and you will hit those parks at warp speed for the day. Nothing else needs to be said on that. No need for lunch, well maybe just an ice cream to tide you over.
(Drink plenty of water though, ALWAYS at wdw so that the sun and heat do not make that shimmering pavement come up and smack you on the face. It is amazing how fast that heat exhaustion can get to you- It got me for the first time last year at EPCOT! It frightened me.)
Make PS's for a fairly early seating (5:30 - 7:00 pm) at Boma as they tend to run a little behind with there seatings and this sometimes gets worse as the night progresses.

My theory is that people just can't tear themselves away from that doggone dessert table!

Boma is our favorite buffet- it gets a bad rap for having "way out African foods" from some posters here and I just have to scratch my head. Yes some of the selections were new to us, but try it, you may be pleasantly surprised! I know we were. Even our kids liked trying the new things. They were visually appealing and tasty and the aromas are fantastic. Lots of very friendly chefs right on the otherside of the line smiling and just waiting for friendly people to take the time and ask them about the dishes. They really seem to genuinely enjoy telling you about it. A brief description is posted above each and every offering if you don't care to talk to strangers.

Even if you are the pickiest person on earth they have more than most other buffets have which would be called "normal stuff". The best hand carved prime rib on site in my opinion, roasted chicken, beautiful ribs, lovely salmon. Salad selections galore, hummus and chips for dipping, lots of fresh veggies.
If that won't do, you could always eat like the kids and have chichen nuggets, mac-n-cheese, and french fries and then go fill up on those wonderful little zebra domes and chocolate mousse cakes for dessert!

Try to hit the sack at a reasonable time. You will be really wiped out from travelling and those first two nights our feet really hurt at the end of the day. We come back to our room and soak them in the tub together! Note: buy epsom salts or similar foot soaking product for this trip! It will set the tone for a great trip if you get enough rest.
Enjoy yourselves!

Boma for either and Kona for neither. I hate Kona.

I would keep it as you have it. Kona is excellent for dinner and Boma has a very nice breakfast buffet. I didn't care for the dinner buffet as much because nothing seemed very warm.

Kona for breakfast is a must do for us each trip, too but after many years of not trying dinner there, if we were to do only one meal at Kona it would be dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter