• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pleasure Island vs City Walk???

jmunguia

Earning My Ears
I went to Pleasure Island along time ago and wasn't even drinking age. But I was hoping that someone could say which park is better. We are looking for a "club" that is everything, reggae or hiphop. Does anyone know the scoop? Me and my sister plan to go out one night, don't know which night, and want to make sure we can enjoy the music. Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

DW and I didn't go in any of the clubs at PI or CW on recent trip (she was pregnant), but here is some observations.

The clubs at CW seemed to be more raucous from the music coming out the doors and the atmosphere around them. More of a younger crowd.

No offense to anyone here - I love everything Disney, but PI clubs seem to be "Disneyfied".

One thing to consider. Entrance to PI clubs is free after your entrance to PI (which is free for most of us that use Hopper Plus or other similiar passes). CW clubs seemed to have their own cover charge/policy. Could add up if you wish to club hop.

You can get a CityWalk pass that will take care of the cover charges. If you have passes to Universal parks, CityWalk may be included. There is no fee to go to City Walk itself. Just a cover in certain clubs after a certain time.

Hi,

My wife and I just got back from Orlando last week and went to both PI and CW.

PI is more pricey ($20 admission) and the clubs can be a little slow to get going. I believe this is due to the fact that alot of people don't hit PI until after the parks close (9p-10p). However, the dancefloors at PI tend to be bigger (8Traxx: the retro club being the exception). PI has no reggae club and only plays hip-hop heard on the radio, few remixes. Their over-21 club, mannequins, plays high-energy dance and has a cool rotating dance floor. The Adventurer's Club has no counterpart at CW. It is unique and quite fun. PI was running a promotion that included 5 more nights of PI admission for only $5 more than the 1 day admission price = $25 for 6 nights PI.

CW is cheaper, $8.95 CityPass cover for all the clubs. Has an exclusively reggae club and several clubs that play hip-hop and DJ remixes. The crowd at CW trend younger and contains fewer parent/kid groups found at PI. However, after a night of dancing/drinking, CW makes you travel a LONG way back to your car.

Have fun,
ceburto2;)

PS: I have a few 20% off PI coupons I got while in orlando. Good for a party of up to 6. Expire 12/30/02. I've posted them elsewhere in the Budget board but no one wants one. I would be happy to send you one if you are interested.

If you haven't heard from anyone else, I would be interesed in those 20% off coupons. My DH and I have 4-day PH plus tix, but we plan to go to PI more than one night. Please let me know! I'll probably PM you. Thanks!

I am a local and I personally prefer City Walk. I may be biased since I live only 10 minutes away, but I have been to PI a few times but there is nothing there that makes want to go back. Also the cover charge at PI is a lot more than CW. PI is around $20 for all clubs. At CW you can pay for each club or get a pass to all clubs for around $9-10. I really like Jimmy Buffetts Margaritaville at CW now that they have really expanded the outdoor deck and almost always have live music (also there is no cover charge to sit outside.) I also like the variety of clubs at CW. This is just one locals opinion as I'm sure there are others who prefer PI. Hope this helps, you will most likely enjoy both places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter