Point Question

GerryCFD

Earning My Ears
My dashboard says I have zero points, but I have 312 of 200 points in use year December 2020. Do I have to wait until then to use/book with those points?
Thanks,

Everything is based on the time of the trip, not when you actuslly book.

Since those points are in your 2020 UY, you can go online today and book a trip starting anywhere from Dec 1st, 2020 all the way to September 21st 2021...which is 11 months from today.

If booking right at 11 or 7 months, you can reserve 7 nights. If you are within those windows, you can book more.

Last edited:
Rule to remember: you can always book 11 months out from arrival date at home resort and 7 months out for others. To determine which use year points you can use when doing so, and whether you need to bank or borrow, wipe from your mind the date you are going online or calling to make the reservation, and look only to the dates you will be at WDW.

Example: if you have a Dec use year, you could today, Oct 21, 2020, go online and book a vacation starting September 21, 2021, and in doing so you could use Dec 2020 use year points as your “current” use year points for that trip, any Dec 2019 points that have been banked into the Dec 2020 use year, and, if needed borrow points from the Dec 2021 use year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!