• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Points at Hilton Head

BeckyV

Mouseketeer
I just returned from Disney's Hilton Head and loved it. We go to Hilton Head about three or four times a year, but I usually trade one of my non-Disney timeshares for these trips. I want to buy some add-on points at HH, but have a daughter going to college next year. If I decided to rent my points some years to help pay for her expenses, do you think the demand is there? I don't see too many HH points on the rent or trade board. Not certain if this means no demand or no one has the extra points to rent at this resort.

Thanks for your advice.

Becky

I don't know what typical demand is, but I just rented HH points for July 4 next year. And most of the rentals I see on the boards advertise BWV or OKW or VWL points, but they expire in 3 months - so it really doesn't matter where the points are from once you're in the 7 month window. You can always bank too - or stay at a CC hotel.

I think the demand may be there for the summer months. I've seen the Marriott timeshares in HH go for $1400 or more for a week on eBay. So, the trick would be to get a popular summer month (July/August) and rent the points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter